Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pila snow forecast.

Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, I was wondering what sites you use for snow forecasting. I am particularly interested in Pila as im going there in 2 weeks.

Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
have a look a Pilaski.co.uk FB page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pilaski/134725759878502 as Carole lives there and keeps it updated most days.

If you ask her she will tell you exactly what you can expect but it does look good with some recent snow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
we are off there soon and are getting bit worried about the mild temperatures.....
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It will be fine they have between .5 and a metre base down. There is more snow due end of the week so it will be ok. Mind I am not going 'til March Madeye-Smiley.

The piste guys move stuff round so well the pistes will all be open and good skiing. Last year we were there in Feb and had a week of warm sunshine when they had had no new snow for weeks - some brown spots on a sun facing bump by late afternoon. Each morning they were all fixed until quite late in the day.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nnnnnnnnnnnnn

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 5-01-13 23:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cbowls30, They will be fine. The ski school 'roof test' is a pass. Wish I was going mid week Smile

http://www.regione.vda.it/gestione/webcamgallery/showimage.aspx?nomefile=Pila.jpg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cbowls30 when you planning on going out there?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Philib,
not sure exactly its gonna have to change anyway......... you going out there?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah going on the 20th. Why has it got to change. Snow looks good at the mo.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Philib, not because of the snow, for other reasons...... where you staying?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pila 2000. When will you be going?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
well, could be the 19th or the 26th -- you been to pila before?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yes about 11 years ago when I was at school. Whys that?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
no reason!....
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well let us know when you guys will be there and we will have to meet up for a few drinks. There's just me and Mrs going so we will need some company.
ski holidays
Philib, yeh course, will do
ski holidays
Right got a message back from Carole, she lives just off the green running through the village.

"Snow is fine all runs complete. But only if they have booked with me....
No it is all fine, just too busy!!
Monday return to normal pila , no one !
It has been warm for the time of year during the day but cold out of the sun."

Hope this helps she is always up for company if you want to meet up with her. Philib, she used to a rep for Interski so maybe you will have already meet her as I guess that is who you went with when at school. We are not out until March.
snow report
Even if I had met her at school it was 11-12 years ago so wouldnt remember anyway.

I spoke to her on the pilaski FB page and seemed pretty nice although she did say that if I had booked with her then she would show me the best places lol.
ski holidays
Philib wrote:
Even if I had met her at school it was 11-12 years ago so wouldnt remember anyway.

I spoke to her on the pilaski FB page and seemed pretty nice although she did say that if I had booked with her then she would show me the best places lol.

She is being ironic. Buy her a Prosecco and she will be happy to take around. Note Prosecco with free nibbles at Socite bar on mountain is only €3. She always is looking for new possible customers so would love to speak with you - even if she will give you a load of "digs" that you should have bought through her. We do because it is cheaper and a load less hassle.

If you are not on HB don't miss a meal in the Yeti Bar.
latest report
Sorry Jake43, I didnt realize I had a reply. I am HB but I dont mind eating out. I always go HB just as a backup.
snow conditions
I'll give you aa update next week , heading out on Saturday to La thuile Smile

Just back and snow was good though no fresh delivered last week. Sunny for the whole week but very cold.
snow conditions
Pila opens on Monday.
latest report
Not much activity on this thread. Anyone in Pila at the moment? My nephew is heading out on a school trip tomorrow and I wanted to give him an update. I guess the forecast snow will help and the webcam shows a reasonable looking piste.

Anyone able to give an on the spot report?
ski holidays
Its all open at the top and good skiing. Carole (Pilaski) is out there and posts on her Facebook page often if you want up to date. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pilaski/134725759878502
Live lift & Piste info here http://www.pila.it/en/pila/real-time/open-slopes-lifts/
snow report
Ski'd Pila today. Pretty good skiing on piste and even some nice off piste snow from the top lift. Very cold and most of the cannons blasting away all day, a lot of the closed pistes look ready to be open imminently. With the new snow forecast your nephew arriving at just the right time I'd say!
snow report
Thanks both. Sounds like he'll have a great week.
ski holidays
Carol concurrs "If you are coming to Pila for new year wrap up warm.....temperature had dropped...... lots!!! Minus 9 today and it has to get much colder, snow cannons have been going all day and snow forecast for tomorrow!!!"
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm looking to track down a BASI 1 instructor, Paul Booth who I last heard of working and living in Pila some (many) years ago.. If anyone knows Paul can they please put me in touch? Thanks!
latest report
Looks like Chemmy Alcott is taking her CDC camps to Pila over Christmas/Newyear with the US WC squad training the week after. So that could be a few of the Piste out of action. They always have 2 out with gates on them but she is taking of 4 !
https://www.facebook.com/Chemmy-Alcott-119779448068304/?fref=nf
latest report
Interesting. We are in Pila from 30th Dec - 5th Jan. I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Closed pistes not good, but sharing the mountain with skiing royalty is :-/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy