Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's your favourite face mask?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Trying to see what are people's preferred method of keeping the neck and face warm out on the slopes; then looking if there's any kind of common favourites.

So far I've had recommendations from airhole - to under armour - to making your own out of fleece material.

What's your favourite?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unless it is bone/sinus achingly cold i.e. well down into the minus double digits, then a polar buff....if it is that cold, neoprene mask or the nearest bar with fireplace wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
must behave . . . .must be . . .
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ooh Matron!.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ooh Matron!.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ooh Matron!.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fleecey necktube to keep the neck and maybe under the chin warm, but other than that, I just do without. Then again, I get quite claustrophobic if something is close around my face or throat.. which is weird as I have no problems with my helmets when motorcycling.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if its very cold just a neck buff.... if its very very cold - and the slopes will be fairly empty at this point anyway - then i use an under armour balaclava under a lid of course. It is the only one that ihave found which is made up of 2 pieces of material. 1 that forms the neck part and another that is the head part... Confused still with me? well here is the important bit - it is very easy to pull down the face part and leave it as a neck warmer but the leaves the hat part on...i looked into balaclavas before i went to the states last year and i didnt find any other type that was as good as this..most balaclavas are made from one piece of material. other advantage of under armour is that it is not made of wool so will not retain any moisture, particularly around the mouth face area. was £18 last year.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thread from a couple of days ago on the same subject: http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95458
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy