Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots for lady with wide ankes and lower leg (size 3 - 4)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

My OH went on her first ski trip with me last year to Saalbach - she has huge problems trying to get a boot to fit her. She has small feet (3 or 4) but wide ankles and lower leg. She had to try skiing with her boot mostly not fastened for the majority of the time. This caused all sorts of issues as I am sure you can all imagine. We are now booking our trip for the end of Jan and need to get something sorted.

Can anyone suggest a make/model of book which might be better for her? And where we might buy them? We live in Gloucestershire and were thinking of going to Snow & Rock in Bristol.

Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't suggest a boot, I'm not a fitter! But, frequently the boots available for rent are unisex whilst woman specific boots tend to cater for a more shapely calf. I would go to a fitter that other people trust and have had great results with and be guided by them. I doubt anyone on here would tell you which boot to buy without seeing your girls feet.
Hopefully a few other snowheads in your neck of the woods will be able to direct you to someone who can help you. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blondends, I had similar problems with hire boots on my first trip (I have 'climbers' calves and a high instep which meant I couldn't properly fasten the top buckles, and the lower ones not at all due to the pressure on my foot).

I saw a boot fitter who found a model that was about an inch shorter on the leg so it sits below my calf (Head Dream something...), and he then tweaked the boot to fit properly on the foot, with footbeds too.

Visit a decent boot fitter and they should be able to sort something out, but get on it now as you may need and appointment (maybe more than one). Hire boots can be pretty nasty, a better fit can be found.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Strolz
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cynic wrote:
Strolz

probably overkill rolling eyes rolling eyes

plenty of womens boots out there that have more volume in the rearfoot than they should have, impossible to say what will work without seeing the foot as it will depend on the rest of the foot too, but there are models from head, salomon, nordica tecnica and atomic which may work
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy