Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ntn mounting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
courtesy of Mr Cowie (s) k2 seth vicious, I now have my complete tele set up. Does anyone have any recommendations for the mounting point of my ntn bindings ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
limegreen1, The install leaflet with your bindings is clear and you should also have a paper template in there with it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
limegreen1, as per alpine - boot centre to ski centre marker - unless people have specific recommendations for your ski. The bindings allow you to tweak plus and minus after mounting.

Just as a warning, you need to be pretty precise with your drilling for the NTN mounting plates - otherwise you'll have problems getting the bindings on/off the mounting plates. It's not hard, but do take your time.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque wrote:
.....you should also have a paper template in there with it.

Templates are no longer supplied with the bindings.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^^ gosh, that's mean of them!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FlyingStantoni, their mounting instructions say you can download the templates off their website but I've never been able to find them. Luckily I've got jigs for the Freedom & Freeride wink

Most of my tele customers go with +1cm or on the line.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 4-01-13 16:21; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon, Yeah, I was just doing the fantasy shopping bit and seen a lot of changes and new kit coming out that's NTN compatible. I'm talking with TTS on a possible mod to allow either locked down or tele with just a QD cable post and 3G binding. You may have an overseas visitor yet this season to see this new shop if yours Toofy Grin Congratulations it's VERY impressive and I'm glad to have contributed a wee bit toward it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, Cool
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, I hadn't realised that they'd changed stuff (I only look at such stuff when I'm going to buy!). Good to see that they've improved the mounting plate - although it means my jig is now out of date!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FlyingStantoni, I think the Freeride has a mounting plate (4hole) the Freedom is direct screwed (6hole) . . . lots going on right now that's why the TTS thing is getting some serious scrutiny and lots of plaudits.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The mounting plate for Freeride bindings up to & inc 11/12 has 6 holes but non-lardies/huckers can get away with using the outer 4 & some early templates only showed the outer 4 holes anyway.

The 12/13 Freeride's base plate is completely different in that it has a mounting footprint that matches the forward holes of the new Freedom binding.

The new Freedom binding is a beauty.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
spyderjon, so you've fondled one have you Shocked Got a price? Oh and a price for a pair of G3 Onyx.

Use Quiver killers for the heelpiece and put the G3 noses on some backcountry lightweights. with inserts for the tails . . . just thinking outloud at the mo.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks gents ... no leaflet etc in my box. Moreover the question comes from being a tele virgin, ( let alone tele tech talk ) , and with my alpine bindings being mounted at +2 on a seth vicious, and recommendations ranging from +5 to -1 on an obsethed Ive acquired, and then have them talk trad, core, recommended centre etc and add in different tail rocker dims to other skis etc , I thought I d better ask someone sensible (!) and get a straight answer.

So boot centre to ski centre it is ......

Kind regards
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy