Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

(Sorry) - Grenoble Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry to drag this up again, but all the threads on here seem to be 12 months+ old.

Does anyone know of Grenobles current policy with Ski boots in hand luggage? Or perhaps someone has taken them in hand luggage in the last few weeks without problems!

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's OK to take your boots on as hand luggage from an airport policy point of view... individual airlines may have different views, though! But even then, if you have your boots in a non-obvious bag & keep quiet about it when checking in, you'll be absolutely fine. I do speak from considerable experience, btw Toofy Grin
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I emailed and asked them as im travelling there in a few weeks. Broken english but it seems its ok to take them through Smile

Dear Laura Hong,
You are allowed to pass trough security with ours ski boots in you cabin luggage at Grenoble airport.

Sales desk
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Callum001, lhogg1, I would suggest checking directly with your airline as different carriers have different rules...but even these don't seem to set in stone!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Callum001, Traveled back from Grenoble last Saturday, not sure about the boot question as mine were in my hold baggage. But do make sure you leave plenty of time to check in and get through security - it is a Zoo! the check in area was absolutely crammed full. Our check in desk was right on the far right hand side, it was nigh on impossible to get access to the end of the queue for our flight as all the other flights queues were rammed and stacked right back across the check in area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travelled through grenoble yesterday no problems with boots infact staff were very friendly and helpful.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Grenoble airport still a madhouse even this late in the season, pretty quick check in with Jet2 once they had cleared the idiots queuing at the Leeds desk for a Manchester flight that wouldn't open for another hour but usual huge security line, now in a taped lane system that takes up about a third of the terminal! Was reasonably quick though, about an hour and 15min from arriving at the airport to sitting in departures, last time back in January arriving 2hrs in advance I only just made the flight.
Though looks like they are getting the message (even if it never gets better) as they were giving out chocolate and coffee to the queue for passport control on the way to, in the words of guy dishing it out 'make the queue seem a bit shorter'
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy