Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossi 88 or Crusairs with fritschi freeride bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going away for 3 months and I am taking 2 pair of ski's, i'm taking a pair of Head Titan for on piste but would like some advice which pair of ski's for off piste days, it's between Rossignol 88 experience with alpine bindings or Scott Crusairs with fritschi freeride bindings, iv'e not done any touring and i'm not really planning to, I just want them for off piste days, iv'e skied the 88's and they are fine, but iv'e not used the Scotts with fritschi freeride bindings, would the Scotts be better for just touring holidays or will they be ok with me never skied on them with fritschi freeride bindings, iv'e heard ff bindings with them being raised off the ski can get a bit non responsive is this so?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't comment on the Crusairs with Fritschi, but I have them with Marker Tours and I am very impressed so far. Skied them in differing conditions over the last few weeks and they have been great. I have found them to be very responsive even on hardpack, but they really come into their own off piste - whether it be powder or crud. I would highly recommend them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ardoyne,
Thanks for that, think i will take the Crusairs it gives me different options.... Off piste here i come
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skion, I use mine everywhere and exclusively now with Dynafits. Although mine are quiver killered to share Marker Barons too , I never bother swapping over.

I don't personally like the high stack height / slight floppy connection but as you can see in the video beow, this fella who runs the website ... http://www.steepscotland.info/ ... doesn't have a problem skiing some tight and steep off piste lines wth Crusairs and Fritschis .

http://youtube.com/v/QxAkTC8GRqg
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
moffatross, It's good to know and thanks for the vid, i'm definatly going to take them, probably won't even notice anything... Thanks again Snowheads, you never let me down
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I used Powdairs with Fritschis last season. Again, not a fan of the stack height and they do wobble more than an alpine. Other than that, a superbly capable set up. Mounted with Dynafits this season
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skion, sounds like a good combination, I defiantly wouldn't mount any skis with Fritchi bindings unless you are going to tour with them as Fritchis won't give the same solid feel as a normal binding.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jbob wrote:
skion, I defiantly wouldn't mount any skis with Fritchi bindings unless you are going to tour with them as Fritchis won't give the same solid feel as a normal binding.

Defiantly eh? I guess you're waging a one man war against Swiss bindings...

I think the 'Fritschi bindings are sloppy' thing is overstated. When Lou Dawson tested them, he found them to have less lateral deflection than a Marker M1100 Titanium alpine binding.

http://www.wildsnow.com/379/backcountry-skiing-binding-flex-tests/

Having said that, I use size small Fritschis with a boot that is near the top of the recommended BSL range for the binding, it is possible that this alters the feel of the binding, compared to other set ups.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy