Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lift Pass for La Plagne local or Paradiski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, off to La Plagne in early Feb - 30 sleeps to go Very Happy We are staying in Plagne centre, our son is in ski school each morning, and kids club in the afternoons, we plan to ski with him 2-3 afternoons, so can anyone give advise on if its best to buy a local pass for me and my wife and buy top ups to go over to Les Arc, or the whole area pass straight away, we will stay local when with my son. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It can take a while to get over to les arcs from plagne centre. Unless you are really hooning it. You can just buy the discovery pass which I think includes one day over to les arcs.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stayed in Belle Plagne last year with junior on a similar schedule. We got a pass that included one day across the vanoise express to Les Arc. Easily done,enjoyed the trip and back in plenty of time.

What I would say is that you will only get a taster of LA, and with the LP pass offering absolutely loads of skiing I'd question if its worth it with hindsight. That said the vanoise is an experience.

Enjoy either way, I know we did.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Charliefoxtrot, Peterjones3, Thanks for the replies, 6 mins very impressed ! Looks like the discovery option is the one to go for, we have had 1 day in LA before, it was very hard packed and not that great when we were there, so will be nice to try it again with hopefully better conditions. Thanks again
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes Discovery pass will be a good option, plenty enough to ski in LP but gives the option of going over on one of the days for a change. The difference in cost isn't huge iirc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Adult prices are -

La Plagne - 222.50€
Discovery - 246€
Paradiski - 262.50€

The cos of adding another day in Les Arcs is something like 39€

So if you think you might possibly do more than one day, then go for the Paradiski. Its only about half an hour to the Vanoise from Bellecote. Allow at least an hour to get back to La Plagne - preferably and hour and a quarter (I've never cut it that fine but a friend used to. He reckoned it was ok to go from the Vanoise -LP side - back to La Plagne in 45 mins, but it could be tight)

But to be fair, there really is a huge amount of skiing in La Plagne. Just depends what you want

Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy