Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Lecht Ski School

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We skied at The Lecht today for the first time and also for the first time, put our 2 kids, aged 4 & 6, on skis.

We thought, being good (me)/excellent (my wife) skiers ourselves, that we could just coax them down the nursery slope and impart a few gentle words of wisdom. Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! After an hour of mum and dad's 'teaching', things were not really progressing. In fact, it's not too far from the truth to say that much more of our 'teaching' and we could have put them off for life!

There is a reason there are ski instructors! Smile

So, as they sat having hot chocolate and biscuits, I fixed up a 1hr lesson for them (and afternoon passes for mrs G and me!).

Off they went with Lara from the ski school there and off we went for 50 minutes of skiing as much as we could in the time!

Wow! We couldn't believe the difference when we got back to watch the end of their lesson. Down they came, snowploughing nicely, right to our feet. Once again, 'there is a reason there are ski instructors' Wink

We then spent the next 90 minutes circling on the nursery drag lift as they gained more and more confidence. From never having put a ski on before, they were skiing down the entire nursery slope and then skittering across to the lift for the next go. Amusingly, and interestingly, the difference in watching little children learn to ski and adults is incredible. My children had indeed become those annoying little brats who come scooting past as the adult beginner's class try to make their own first snowplough turns.

It was such a fantastic thing to experience and we can only thank their instructor for her brilliant hour's tuition. Double thumbs up for The Lecht Ski School and Lara in particular!

The last thing my son said as he crawled into bed this evening was, "Can we go back there tomorrow?" Job done, he's hooked!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That is great to hear.

13 years ago my eldest, then 4 , did her first turns at the Lecht , in a blizzard. Since then she has never looked back and it made lessons in France much easier. We have a great pic of her beaming as she came off the slopes carrying her skis , with horizontally blown snow all around her.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy