Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France: Les Contamines 2012/13

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Lots of fresh snow in Les Contamines today, which made for great skiing both on piste and off the sides. Cloud was very low for most of the day, which was unfortunate considering the drive to the resort was mostly in clear blue skies until I got into the shadow of Mont Blanc.

The Hautlauce sector down to Belleville was pretty clear all day, so I spent most of the day there until the rest began to clear late afternoon.

It was pretty quiet considering the time of year.....France was officially back at work today, although of course a lot of people take the week off. There were no queues at all, even for the tickets ( I parked at the gorge parking)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 2-01-13 23:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bzzzt. I already started the Megeve thread Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah ok, hadn't seen it. Thought I'd be clever and put the two resorts together as they're on the Evasion Mont Blanc pass Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got a mate heading out on the 7th.

How's it looking with you please?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a great day at Les Contamines yesterday.....clear blue skies, great snow on and off piste, which was still in great condition by the end of the day. It was fairly cold, but with no biting wind it was comfortable, and we could eat outside on the terrace of Ferme de la Ruelle in the warm sun.

Favourite run of the day was the Tierces red...a fantastic run which has the perfect mix for me of high speed cruising, easy off piste along the sides, a snowpark on one side, fabulous snow....and bizarrely no crowds. We must have gone down the run about 10 times in the day.

The resort was busier than I have seen it before, being a Sunday during school holidays in perfect conditions it was hardly surprising, but other than a couple of queues towards the end of the day and the home run back to the car, it was not a problem at all.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy