Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Gloves

Poster: A snowHead
I have been skiing many years and have had the same problem with every pair of gloves I have bought. When you take the off the gloves the inner liner comes out with your hand and some of the inner fingers come out of some of the outer fingers. When you try and put them back on you have a real job getting the inners back into the fingers and end up with uncomfortable and ill fitting gloves. I have been trying gloves on in all makes at various shops and cannot find a pair where the inner is permanently attached to the outer and therefore will not suffer the same problem. Can anyone recommend a pair of gloves where this will not be an issue? Am I the only one who suffers from this?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kaiser846, cut out the liners and get some nice silk or light fleece inner gloves. What you're looking for does exist . . . but they're as rare as rockinghorse poop.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have had that problem with cheap gloves but not with my Hestras
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Davkt
Have been looking at Hestras, willing to pay £95 if they do the trick but if they don't £95 is a lot of dough! Current gloves are Salomon, might try cutting the inners out of them and going for the inner gloves.
Ta for advice
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Head ski gloves from Costco, excellent gloves, excellent price, no problems at all.
Less than £20.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kaiser846, get some venitex or kinco gloves. cheap as chips, and use a silk liner.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Get gloves lined with fleecey fibre pile instead of the usual goretex'n'primaloft things. That way there's no lining to speak of, they'll come on and off easily even if your hands are cold and wet and they'll better when damp by way of a bonus.

Alternatively get gloves where the liners are designed to be removable, then at least they'll have been built with re-stuffing in mind. Its all good.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kaiser846, Have Hestra Skicross, short army (which can be found pretty cheap on ebay) and 3 finger Seth Morrisons, the Ski crosses are going into their 4th season, short armys their 3rd and 3 fingers are new but never had the lining pulling out during my couple of weeks a year in the mountains and regular trips to Tamworth fridge the rest of the year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kaiser846, I've hands like hot, wet shovels so I've been down this route. Today I wear either winter cycling gloves and a wind/waterproof m/cycle overmitt when needed or leather work gloves and a sep/liner. I've always got some good fleece gloves too, left and forgotten in my pack for emergencies . . . usually end up losing them by giving them to people who have frozen wet nylon turning their fingers black rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leki gloves first class,

liners pull out of cheap ones that are not sewn in. I just bought some Salomon SL and too my amazement for £90 the little finger pulled out.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Get the same issue with bike gloves. Turn them inside out, put a couple of stitches through the liner and the finger seam of the outer (you can usually feel it through the liner...). Turn right way out. Voila!

If that's too much effort, you can usually avoid messing up the liners if you pull each finger of the glove individually (to loosen them, if that makes sense?) before removing the whole hand.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all, plenty to look at now.
Masque - my hands are always hot too perhaps that is why this always happens to me, must be a case of warm hands cold heart ha ha
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Get lighter gloves? I use Rab VR Tours unless it is quite chilly; they're quite thin and lightweight but still very wind and snowproof.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kaiser846 wrote:
must be a case of warm hands cold heart ha ha

Depends on where she asks you to put them wink

I spent years trying to understand why my gloves always ended up like soggy, smelly dishcloths . . . now I layer as needed.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
Depends on where she asks you to put them wink

Shocked

Masque wrote:
I spent years trying to understand why my gloves always ended up like soggy, smelly dishcloths

I think latex should probably be your glove material of choice.
snow conditions
Quote:

my hands are always hot

so why would you even think about paying £95 for a pair? Puzzled If your hands are always hot, any old pair of gloves will do, shirley?
ski holidays
I've got a pair of mitts which have a totally separate under glove. Might work for you?
snow report
davkt wrote:
Have had that problem with cheap gloves but not with my Hestras

Totally agree. My heated have been fantastic all week. No liner issues and no cold hands.

115 euro in les menuires.
snow report
A vote for the Hestra Heli here. Removable fleece lining means it's not an issue, but also means they can be washed and dried more easily.
snow conditions
Hestra mittens. The end.
snow conditions
hestra mittens with liners or naked?
snow report
No need for liners. Unless you have Raynaud's disease?
latest report
Don't think I have but had to google it just in case, not nice
ski holidays
Kaiser846 wrote:
my hands are always hot

Feast wrote:
No need for liners. Unless you have Raynaud's disease?

Probably no need for mittens, either.
snow conditions
Kaiser846 wrote:
Don't think I have but had to google it just in case, not nice

I've got a couple of friends with it. So unpleasant for them, even in cool weather. Sad
latest report
Raynaud's is a syndrome, not a disease - you can't 'catch' it......

Pedant/off
latest report
Maersk wrote:
Raynaud's is a syndrome, not a disease - you can't 'catch' it......

Pedant/off

Fair point. Very Happy
snow conditions
Another vote for the Hestra gloves here - I've got the Army Leather Heli Ski, and have never had a problem with the liner coming out when you don't want it to (though they are removable to dry out and wash). Expensive but (IMHO) worth it. I've written a fuller review here: http://www.snowgenius.com/gear/hestra-army-leather-heli-ski-glove/
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not sure if this is the place to comment....but it's the only thread I can find about gloves and sewn in liners. I've a pair of leather salomon mitts (primaloft)....was assured by Snow and Rock they'll be the warmest gloves I'll ever own. Not convinced in the slightest. They have sewn in fingers.....so no room for my fingers to move about to increase circulation....I wear silk liners too.....barely any difference. Afternoon an hour or so I have to go and run my hands under warm water.

I've looked at snipped through the fingers....but they're firmly stocked inside. Even on trying turn them inside out...

Any solutions? Away in a couple of weeks. No budget left new ones...they cost around £100 to start with...
ski holidays
It seems no-one has ever come up with the gloves to end all gloves, they need to be warm, comfortable, not deform when you take them off, enough cuff to stop the snow getting in, long lasting, not end up stinking like the back end of a yak after a week's use, and fit fingers that don't conform to average - for example my hands are a completely different shape to my mums - there is no way we can use the same gloves as our fingers are different lengths - then add in the problems of growing teens that don't fit anything on the market and who never seem to have warm hands.....................gloves!!? Don't talk to me about gloves! N.B. The answer is most certainly NOT Hestra's, when I look at the cash I have wasted on Hestras!..............
snow report
Megamum, my Hestras are the best ski gloves I've ever had. And I have had probably around 50 pairs...
latest report
Kaiser846, never had this issue, buy gloves the right size (not too tight) and take them off carefully and the fingers stay put. Now kids are a different matter Mad but I just use the handle of a knife to push the finger linings back into the finger outers Smile

alyefs, take them back maybe Puzzled £100 quite steep really for not very good gloves.
snow report
Mountain Equipment Randonee Glove or Mitten:
http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/head_hands_+_feet/hands/randonee_glove---303/
http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/head_hands_+_feet/hands/randonee_mitt---662/

The mittens are especially toasty. BUT, always get the right size - it makes a huge difference. Leave space for some Decathlon silk glove liners.

Available for under £50 - or about half that at an OSC sale.
snow report
sarah, you think? Even after a year? I really had hoped they'd be the bees knees but they really aren't. Not much different from the first pair they sold me. Took those back but after a few weeks.
ski holidays
alyefs, mmm perhaps not after a year really Sad You would get better for £20 in TKMaxx.
ski holidays
cps26 wrote:
Another vote for the Hestra gloves here - I've got the Army Leather Heli Ski, and have never had a problem with the liner coming out when you don't want it to (though they are removable to dry out and wash). Expensive but (IMHO) worth it. I've written a fuller review here: http://www.snowgenius.com/gear/hestra-army-leather-heli-ski-glove/

Total agreement.

If cost is an issue get the Kinco ones, very good, but need breaking in.
snow conditions
Kaiser846, I wonder if yours are similar to mine? How do you think you'd cut out the inners? Not sure I want to chance snipping into the important bits!

sarah, I fear you might be right... Sad
snow conditions
alyefs,

My daughter has the same problem with her not inexpensive Tog 24 gloves Cold hands and liners coming inside out. It must be a girl thing. Junior and I are OK with our Hestra's Very Happy

Kaiser846,

I've got big hot shovels too, and size 11 Hestra gloves are great. Easy on/off and not too warm. Removable wooly liners can be taken out & washed or replaced with something thinner in the spring.
snow report
musher, ahh....I don't have issues with the liners coming out, I think that's Kaiser846, problem. Mine aren't independent of the glove in the slightest...they're completely integral. I'm just trying to avoid forking for yet another duff pair when these are supposed to be top of the range ....as told by Snow and Rock (I'm not too sure about that!)
ski holidays
Black Diamond Soloist. Never a problem and durable. On their 3rd season (50+ days).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy