Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The importance of a bad tune

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If you had asked me three days ago, I'd have said "tune? bah, just ski the damn ski, no tune will make a good ski bad".

Wrong. Very, very wrong.

I recently bought a pair of new skis which turned out to be virtually unskiable on piste. Ok, I got down without falling (just), but I struggled badly on blue runs.

Gave them to the shop for a retune and suddenly they're turning out to be quite good...they're not piste skis so not expecting miracles, but the difference is huge.

Interesting to think that, had I had them for a test run, I would have run a mile.

Makes me wonder how much can test runs tell you, if skis are tuned in different ways...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, do you know what was different, edge angle, base angle, wax vs no wax Wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, I will argue this one with you . . . later . . . in a piece for Benzebollicks wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Naaaaah
You just hadnt warmed up on the first run, and your boots were still on their loose settings from the chair lift
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I thought you were going to be all like:

"I tried skiing them whilst listening to Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and the Red Hot Chili Peppers stunningly overrated 'Blood Sugar Sex Magic', but the combination of middle class prog bollocks and homoerotic frat-boy funk pap was just far too offputting and I kept falling over. Then I put on Teenage Fanclub's seminal Bandwagonesque LP and by the time I got to the album's arguable highlight 'Star Sign' I was skiing like Didier Cuche".
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Piehole, so did I. (Mutatis mutandis.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mr Piehole wrote:

"I tried skiing them whilst listening to Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' and the Red Hot Chili Peppers stunningly overrated 'Blood Sugar Sex Magic', but the combination of middle class prog bollocks and homoerotic frat-boy funk pap was just far too offputting and I kept falling over. Then I put on Teenage Fanclub's seminal Bandwagonesque LP and by the time I got to the album's arguable highlight 'Star Sign' I was skiing like Didier Cuche".

Are you a 1-D fan then ... Wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pedantica, 1 more post before 7000!

sev112, ummm??
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mr Piehole wrote:

I thought it would be about Romanian folk music
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Erm... cough... I can confirm that a bad tune can have interesting consequences. I packed everything for the season except the clamps I use when servicing my skis. Did my edges a couple of nights ago (on the floor of my apartment, with nothing to stabilise the skis) and subsequently spent two days skiing like a second-week beginner. It was not pretty.

Took the skis into a local shop for a re-tune and all is back to normal again. As I said to the shop owner, it was not one of my finer moments Embarassed
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy