Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarder and Skiier in need of advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Not all of France is expensive and busy, not all of Austria is risky for snow.

I'd second what others have said, you don't need to go to a huge resort, 100km of piste would be fine for early intermediates for a week, 200km more than enough.

I don't think your budget too unreasonable, I manage most of my ski holidays for about that. Here are some ideas for resorts which I have found good prices for in the past.

France - Valmeinier/Valloire, Montgenevre, Serre Chevalier, Risoul/Vars, Morzine/Les Gets.
Italy - Sauze d'oulx, Livigno.

Try looking at smaller operators like rocketski and skiweekends.com. They are the budget end of the market but you get food, transport and accommodation, and usually good deals on lift passes.

I have used skihorizon and igluski in the past too, although I think skihorizon has changed owners now?

I wouldn't worry too much about snow for the dates you are going, unless it is a disaster year there will be snow to ski on. The weather is more unpredictable. Ive skied in -20 in January and plus 15, both in high French resorts. Ive had snow drought in February and huge powder dumps in April. Look at some websites and find resorts that fit your budget, then weigh up the pros and cons.

I find the website wtss.co.uk useful for providing overviews of resorts.

Good luck!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks Carettam, a friend just came back from Valmeinier and said it was good!

I'll try those other sites out too

Once again thank you!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi George,

Have you looked at DIY flying into Turin or Fredrickshaven and getting your owm transfers there are lots of apartments with ski pass on snow treks there ia a train to ST Anton from Fredrickshaven. If you book ryanar from |Stansted you should be able to keep within budget.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks to everyone that contributed towards this thread. Yesterday we booked with Inghams n Sauze d'Oulx for £389 which included flights, hotel and transfers. It was very close between Sauze D'Oulx and Livigno, but Sauze had better reviews for evening light life and we liked that it was part of the milky way.

We even managed to get flights from our local airport, Birmingham, rather than Gatwick Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy