Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red Mountain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for some advice from anyone who knows this area, what are conditions likely to be like in early to mid march? I've never been to Canada but might be over for a family trip and have the chance to tie it in with a weeks skiing. I know it's always a bit of a lottery with ski trips but is it still likely to get some fresh snow or is it too late in the season?

Thanks in advance for any info.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jamied9, We skied Red during our Powder Roadtrip around Canada, hit it at the beginning of march, 3 days of fresh stuff Toofy Grin So you can get powder although it was on the warmer side rather than freezing cold. If you get the chance head over to Whitewater too for a day, great local place ( as is Red ). Of course you could also hit it warm wet and slushy so be warned. We'd deffinitely go back though, and its on the cards at some point. The back side of Granite is great and they are supposed to be opening up more terrrain, accessed by cat to start until the lift goes in.

Couple of snowy pics for you, and beers in Rafters is the order at the end of the day - Nachos were plentiful and tasty too.

We stayed in the Ramshead, small rooms so if you can upgrade to there I would, breakfast was heaven and a very shortwalk/ski through trees to the lifts.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skied there a couple of time in early - mid March, it's great. March is not dodgy at all, and certainly not for Red. Agree with Bones, Rafters is great and if you can you should go to Whitewater too.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the info, it's looking like the plan is coming together. Just got to work out if I can escape from Edmonton for some more sliding during the second "spend time with the wifes family" part of the trip!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's crap, dont go there wink especially not when I'm there! snowHead

March in the kooteneys can be a little warm and the season ends quite early, I've not been that late so not sure how it is then.

If you can, avoid flying into Castlegar (aka Cancelgar) as it is right in a valley with a mountain at each end of the runway, so as well as being a fairly "interesting" flight is also prone to cancellation.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Done the Banff, LL, REvelstoke gigs, Always wantedd to try Red mountain, Hmmm. Can't fit it in this year maybe 2014...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy