Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

C.Bozon - Brevent, Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A bit steeper and more mogully than your average blue wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^ ^ agreed, but it's still not a very black sort of black. (I've skied French reds which are harder.)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yay!

Rue de Charles Bozon (or Charlie Bronson as my buddies and I call it) is a beautiful run, and the views from the top are sublime.

There are a few nasty spots for an intermediate skier, but the advantage of CB is that he gives you plenty of width in the tougher spots when you need it. I tend to take a fairly direct line through but there are easier ways to ski it, and if you take your time you will probably be fine. Actually, the nastiest bit is right at the end which is a tight little funnel down to the restaurant and the top of the chairlift. Often gets quite tight and a bit icy.

Coming down through the rocks near the top for the first time is one of my favourite skiing memories. Back in the days i started skiing black runs and realised that all of the mountain was opening up to me. And the views...

I'm off to Tignes on Saturday, but you've got me all jealous of your Brevent trip now! I skied Cham for 7-8 years but haven't been back for ages.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All in, perfectly described! I love it too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Agree with you both Pedantica, and All in.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Entick, If this is this one I think it is, you don't get a clear view of it from the ride up. So I spent all my time dreading the nasty bit that must surely have been lurking round the corner. But it never came. It would have been lovely to do it again and enjoy the skiing and the views (which passed me by unnoticed that time) but we didn't get the chance.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Entick, There is a track- which is pisted and is indeed a blue run (but labelled black). But that isn't really it / the point. The point is not the zigzags or even the zagzigs, it is taking the fall-line down the unpisted stuff in the middle. Not many people actually do this but almost all that do fall over as it is really steep and tricky.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ed123 (Another 123! But no connection that I know of.) Ah, that explains it. I would definitely have been one of the falling-over ones.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Remember reason many runs may be graded black is because they can be nasty in unfavorable conditions. If you are going to Cham in next week or 2 unfortunately it will be hard and icy because of the upcoming mild dry weather, so be mindful
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
patricksh, Well said.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks all for the very helpful replies.

Based on what you've all said I think we'll try it if conditions are OK and will stick to the zig zags.

All in - have fun in Tignes - some great fun to be had there too!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks!

I've spent quite a lot of time in Tignes. I used to go out to the Dragon Lodge a bt, and spent an extended period in the EK a few years back. I was in Val D'Isere last year for some early season but haven't stayed in Tignes for 5 or 6 years. Anything new and exciting opened in the town?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The one thing I would say about this piste is that its in a very scary setting (if I am thinking its the one lookers left above Chamonix town that winds around behind a rock face and then comes out in front of it?) so you might want to factor this in. I often thought of this heading up, that a beginner would crap their pants even on the lifts up to it. It dog legs off at one point and there is like a thousand meter cliff there, first time I got the lift up I remember looking at it and thinking all that would stop a falling skier from certain death was a bit of the mesh fencing.

So OP if your mate is a little unsure this might be borne in mind. Also bear in mind that stuff on camera never looks as steep and scary as it actually is, the slope angle is always massively forshortened.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy