Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK Costs to courier skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Apologies if this has been covered loads of times before - I've not been here for a while as a new family bathroom means no skiing this season so I've been avoiding this place as it would just upset me.

Anyway, I am going to sell a set of skis (nothing exciting) but have no idea what it will cost to ship them.

Anyone sent any skis via a parcel service in the UK recently? How much was it?

Cheers,
Higs
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No more than £25; probably a good bit less if you shop around
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
www.interparcel.com will give you a quote
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have a look at interparcel.com, the last set of skis I posted were about £13, similar for a snowboard.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all.
Interparcel looks helpful - I'll weigh them and plug the numbers in.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Higs, I have recently used Parcelforce 48 at the post office, it was around £13.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Interparcel are a third party courier and useless IMO.

Only use couriers directly, we have a Fedex acc. Skis would be £6.50 +VAT, next day, tracked and insured.

AVOID City Link, they're currently a shambles.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interparcel get you big name couriers like TNT for way less the one off price, maybe different if you have a contract. Have never had a problem in using Interparcel a few dozen times over the years for anything from small packages to big gun cabinets.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Higs, I have worked for a number of UK parcel carriers - not anymore my own boss now, some carriers have length restrictions, most have automatic sort centres using conveyor belts, long items can get jammed, so to protect yourself, take out insurance with the carrier to cover the value just in case they get damaged in transit. If they do make sure you claim within the time frame they state and put everything in writing ( read the small print basically ) Also you need to check on collection, it can be easier to drop them in to a depot depending on where you live and not have to wait around, Parcelforce 48 can be sent via most Post Office Counters, check locally. FWIW I would use PFW 48 or 24 as it includes insurance to a certain level, not sure what it you can check on the website. I agree with Mollerski, City Link are in a mess from reading the weekend papers.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I recently sent two pairs of skis using Parcel2Go (TNT and City Link I think), they cost just over £10 for collection and next day delivery. All worked OK so very happy.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Higs, We use interparcel for skis and also airbags, so far they have been pretty good, more often than not if its a longish package its UPS which picks up, we also have a UPS account but its way cheaper using Interparcel.

From experience avoid Yodel Crying or Very sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I used interparcel to send two pairs of skis up to spyderjon and it cost something in the region of 13 quid.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You might have problems with Parcel Force. Maximum packed length 1.5m and combined length and girth 3m. Insures goods up to a maximum value of £46. No proof of delivery.

Interparcel is a broker but they seem to have an unusually close relationship with UPS. Works well for me but watch out for their insurance charges: standard delivery fee insures goods up to a maximum value of £50. Add £2.40 for goods up to £100, £6 for goods up to £250, £12 for goods up to £500 and £24 for goods up to £1000
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Higs, Look on Ebay for "Ski Couriers", I've use a company called Paisley Freight (Google them)...........Their online booking for overnight pick-up/drop-off service costing £13.99. Can be tracked online, does what it says on the website, overnight delivery.......needs one day's notice for pick-up.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks all.
They're sold and wrapped up so I'm about to try a few different websites.
I will avoid CityLink as they have messed me about too many times as a recipient. I would rather pay over the odds than give them any of my money.
I'll give Interparcel a go - I don't know why I didn't think about them - I've used them happily to send MTB forks a number of times. I know they're an agent and can't remember who turned up at the front door each time but I remember I've never had a problem.
Then I'll try a couple of the other direct, maybe ParcelForce, DHL and Fedex - whoever's got a nice user-friendly website for non account holders.

Will let you know how I get on.
ski holidays
Higs, how did you get on?

I've sold some longish twin tips and just realised that Parcelforce 48 (who I've used before) has a length restriction. Off to google Interparcel in the first instance.
snow conditions
marmotte16, also get a quote from http://www.pharosparcel.com/

who I've used a few times. Would be interested to see who you go with...
snow conditions
For the love of your children and the rest of us AVOID YODEL. They are a re-branded north london courier company that had to change their name a few years back because their rep was so bad. Avoid like the plague.
ski holidays
kitenski, thanks and will let you know (after Monday)

RattytheSnowRat, loud & clear Laughing
latest report
Had a pair picked up last week by TNT through Interparcel. Dirt cheap, something like £9 for a pair of skis 180cm x 20cm x 2cm, 10kg.
latest report
marmotte16 wrote:
Higs, how did you get on?

I used Interparcel and it went fine.
snow report
Mollerski wrote:

AVOID City Link, they're currently a shambles.

That implies that there was a time they weren't a shambles...
latest report
Mistress Panda, Higs, thanks snowHead
ski holidays
Parcelforce have always had that 1.5m length restriction yet it's them who deliver 2.1m long rolls of cloth to us, maybe their rules don't apply to trade accounts Confused
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, yes I'm sure I've had skis via Parcelforce Confused At least I clocked on to it before I lugged them to the post office on Monday Toofy Grin
ski holidays
FenlandSkier, I always use a certain courier to send skis, who then use parcelforce as the final delivery agent........
ski holidays
So far, so good. Skis being picked up from OH's office tomorrow and should be delivered by 6pm next day to UK address. £16.79 for 9kg. Interparcel/UPS.
snow report
Skis have arrived safely at destination in 24hrs. No problems with Interparcel ..........thanks all Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy