Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saloman Ski Boot with snowboard style laces (Pull-tight)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

First visit to this forum, which came up first on Google!

I have recently acquired a second hand pair of ski boots from a friend. They are Saloman, but I am at work so don't have the model number. They are basically unused and fit me well. The strange thing is that they have regular clasps for the bottom half of the foot, and a pull tight lace system for the top. Has anyone got any experience with these? Are they pants? Are they designed for a different type of skiing altogether?

Any advice gratefully received. I am off to Flaine on the 12th, and I am a moderate skier, having been about 7 or 8 weeks now in total. Are these boots going to hold me back, or shall I just leave them at home and use the rentals?

Thanks guys

Dan
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sound like salomon verse boots, similar to rossignol soft lights. A lot of skiboarders used them. Comfy boots(if they fit your feet) but a very soft flex, possibly not ideal for you, but worth a go
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
danchurch, How many buckles do you have?

There are some older boots have the lace system and some modern ones

The Ghost and Quest both have draw strings and 3 buckles and a power strap!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fattes13, you certain on that? My ghosts only have 2 buckles
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
graeme wrote:
Fattes13, you certain on that? My ghosts only have 2 buckles

As do mine! Possible the top buckle is broken or removed?

Need pics!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a pair of Verse 8's, laced at the bases with an upper pull toggle, with two clamps & a power strap at the top. A soft/comfy boot for sure. I love mine, ideal for me being 40+ with knackered feet! Being a high flex boot means you have to ski slightly differently, in a more gentler way but it works great for me. 9/10 for mine.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
graeme, SkiG, Sorry there was meant to be a 2/3 in there as the Ghosts have 2 and the Quest 3. Embarrassing as I am currently on my 3rd pair of Ghosts Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fattes13, best boots i have ever had Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy