Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are there any advantages to ABTA registered companies?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is there anything I should be worried about in booking a ski package holiday including flights with a company which is not ABTA registered? Does it bring any advantages?

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If a holiday includes flights you want it to be ATOL bonded. More info here http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1080
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it is ATOL bonded (which was why I made the point about including flights) however I am trying to see if there are any advantages of the ABTA registration or more to the point any potential issues in dealing with a company which has withdrawn from it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think ABTA cover your cash, so book by credit card.

I'd be more worried by why they've withdrawn. Could be they've been kicked out for dodgy practices.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Press anouncements were that they were pulling out of it not being pushed out, however I couldn't help thinking the same thing when I read about it at the time. However I am considering them for next season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
NickyJ, To answer your original question ... none, when it comes to package holidays.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hint is in the name:
ABTA: An association of Travel Agents.
ATOL: An association of Tour Operators.

If the company you are booking with are the Tour Operators, then you would expect them to have an ATOL license. If the company you are booking with are acting as an agent for the tour operator, you would expect them to have to be ABTA or other equivalent, but assuming you are booking a package you should also expect to actual operator to be ATOL - or similar equivalent.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specifically it is Mark Warner who are a tour operator, so sounds like it is OK? I am pricing them up with other options but just slightly worried in case there could be issues especially as I will be booking a long time in advance and we are seeing more and more companies go under (Comet being the latest) I wanted to check.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobW wrote:
Hint is in the name:
ABTA: An association of Travel Agents.
ATOL: An association of Tour Operators.

If the company you are booking with are the Tour Operators, then you would expect them to have an ATOL license. If the company you are booking with are acting as an agent for the tour operator, you would expect them to have to be ABTA or other equivalent, but assuming you are booking a package you should also expect to actual operator to be ATOL - or similar equivalent.

Axshully ATOL is not an association of anyone. It's Air Travel organiser's Licencing a financial security' system' run by the CAA/UK government specifically for the purpose required
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
... and lots of Tour Operators are ABTA members. By the same token lots aren't but are selling packages that are fully protected in line with the Package Travel Regs.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ABTA have two categories, one for tour operators who are providing the holidays, and one for travel agents who are selling holidays organised by operators. Some organisations need to be registered under both ABTA schemes
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
feef, Noone needs to be registered with ABTA. Very interested if you can identify an organisation that needs to be 'registered' under "both ABTA schemes". I can not think of a travel organisation that needs to be registered with them at all.

I appreciate this is Fred Drift but others will read this thread and think ABTA is something more than it really is.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy