Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying 3V pass online

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off with a mate to the 3V in just over 2 weeks time, staying in Val Thorens. I wanted to buy our ski passes online before I went, as it seems to be cheaper than paying Crystal to provide it for me. I've gone to the s3v website, but the pass options are all starting from either Meribel, Courcheval or La Tania. Does it matter which of these I choose to buy from?

And given that you specify the dates that you want to ski, will we need to do anything to activate them on the first morning, or will that happen automatically?

Thanks

Ian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ian66, you're on the wrong website - each valley has it's own lift company so if you buy from s3v which is the Courchevel one and have a problem (like it doesn't turn up) you will probably have to be in Courchevel to fix/collect it. For VT you should be buying from Setam http://www.jbsurf.com/Accueil/Page_359_22_EN.html
You don't need to do anything to activate it. In the future, if you recharge it with a 3 valleys pass you can start anywhere.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian66, We are off to Courchevel on the 17/01/13 for a long long weekend.......I don't think that you have worry about the passes not turning up we ordered 3 X 3V tribu passes from the Courchevel website & they turned up the next day !!! Very Happy
Also you can use the following website http://www.les3vallees.com/en/ski-passes/skipass-rates-2011-12.283/ which is the 3V combined website. that mentions allow 10 days for delivery.
Anyway all the station websites say that you order online & they will post them to you providing there is 10 days before the first days skiing or you can pick them up at a self service ticket office using your user ID & password.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ian66, defo buy online and get delivered, but i would advise looking at all the pricing and other options, tribu, 1 day, half day etc if you are looking to save a couple of euros. It kind of like buying a train ticket from glasgow to london, you can order the standard one or book several different parts for the same journey at a lower price.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ian66, you won't be able to get the Tribu pass unless there are at least 3 of you buying same ticket (same area & days) at the same time
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
also, the pass can be topped up almost instantly via the web or at the lift stations' so to save money (unless you know you will be skiing in the other valleys, just buy the single valley pass and upgrade as required.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys for that info, I'll get on the case tomorrow at work. Tribu is a non-starter as there's only two of us, and I'm not sure about the practicalities of booking on a day by day basis, we're pretty much going to ski all day every day unless the conditions are really bad, so might just bite the bullet and go for 6 days up front, saves messing around then when we get there.

Now, to suss out that Great Escapade....... Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't bother booking in advance. No matter where you are staying, you can put on your skis first day
and ski down to the funitel peclet and buy them there from one of the machines.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jimmjimm, very true, but you run the risk of queues, broken machines (most unlikely) and repeated visits if ou want to add things on. if you are only going for a weekend and especially if you plan on going back at some time then the online passes are easy (you create an account when you buy and this is linked to you pos cards) ou just login and select what you want on each card registered to our account and pay.

simples.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
for info in case anyone else is considering ordering their passes online from the VT site, I ordered on the 3rd Jan, and the passes arrived yesterday (8th Jan).

There was also a bright pink buff included, but don't think I could carry that off!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy