Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Think I'll have the steak haché

Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps not in Switzerland . . . I'll go with the veggie option Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hot dog for me please.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No wonder I sometimes feel "Ruff!!" in the morning.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, horse is served all over the place in Switzerland as well. No problems with that at all. I do have a problem with them bludgeoning the dogs to death though. The Chinese do that as well. There are also some horrific films of cats being boiled alive around the interweb. Nasty nasty stuff.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Classic bit of Daily Fail reporting story about Switzerland and illustrating with a photo from China! Any way how is that different to horse meat in other bits of the Alps?

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 2-01-13 10:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't have . . . much . . . of a prob with it, I've eaten lots of things over the years . . . Though I draw the line at most US food that I can't pull out of the ground and eat raw. Fried cat tastes no different than fried rabbit and squirrel is very tasty but you need half a dozen just for a snack.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
meat is meat.
Quote:
‘How unscrupulous can a society be that man eats his best friend?’

Dogs certainly aren't my best friend. I've kept more fish and birds as pets, and never had a dog, yet I'll still enjoy fish and poultry or game birds for dinner, what's the difference?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Save the Birds, eat more Cats!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Save trees, eat a beaver.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It must be true it's from the daily scaremonger.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Note that you cannot be sold Dog (or cat) in Switzerland in a restaurant it's more that in certain regions it's a local favourite meat, Switzerland is made up of a bunch of different regions and each area has it's own dishes, the Canton of Bern will differ considerably in what you get to eat compared to say the Ticin in the south where instead of Rosti you are likely to get pasta, The Appenzell and St Gallen regions (St Gallen completely surrounds Appenzel) are different again the Appenzel are often regarded as the rural locals to many Swiss (regional jokes usually refer to the smell of the cow dung as the area is mainly rural with many farms) in much the same way as the English often joke about the Irish.

I've been to Switzerland many times and travelled all over the country (so much so that Swiss friends tell me I've seen more of their country than they have) but I've never had dog offered to me, I have however eaten some really great food their, they tend to take a certain level of pride in their food and I've only had bad meals on perhaps two occasions, both in restaurants that (unusually) were run by non Swiss, even the McDonalds in Interlaken serves very edible burgers, perhaps because they use Swiss Beef.

By law in Switzerland a restaurant must post somewhere where each of their different meats comes from, they also have very strict hygiene laws governing their kitchens, as per the norm the Daily Fail is posting a story that is out of proportion to the number of people it effects
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, buzzkill man, buzkill rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarpa wrote:
Save trees, eat a beaver.
How does that save trees?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
beavers eat trees.
ski holidays
Steilhang, if you have to ask . . .
ski holidays
If dogs are reared and slaughtered in a humane fashion I don't see the problem. I do think it's a little hypocritical for people who will happily gobble other species of animal (often without the slightest thought about the conditions in which they are kept - hence the big sales of cheapo chickens and Danish bacon) to get het up about the gastronomic habits of other meat eaters.
snow report
i'm with pam w. I wouldn't want to eat my own dog, but he wasn't reared for meat. As a teenager on a French exchange - my French family owned a hotel - I was offered "de la viande", a bit like beef and a bit like pork, which I realised later was almost certainly horsemeat.

"Steack a cheval" (I think that's how they spell it), or "pferdefleisch", is openly offered in Swiss supermarkets. I presume that, somewhere, horses are reared for meat and I can't see the difference between that and cows, or pigs, or indeed, dogs. The one justifiable concern IMO is that it is done humanely.
latest report
sanman wrote:
"Steack a cheval" (I think that's how they spell it), or "pferdefleisch", is openly offered in Swiss supermarkets. I presume that, somewhere, horses are reared for meat.

I think that's called the New Forest . . .

and . . . I'm running
latest report
Masque wrote:
Steilhang, if you have to ask . . .
Oh... that kind of Beaver!
snow report
Gotta love those short, un-referenced articles with unlabelled, unrelated shock photos throughout... I wish i worked for the daily mail, it looks like fun!!

That said, I work in St. Gallen so I'm gonna ask about it when i go back in on monday!
latest report
At the cinema in Geneva the other day I bought hot dogs for the family and I.

Maybe I should stick to popcorn and nachos in the future.
latest report
Vince and Jules tackle the issue

http://youtube.com/v/u8UE4P8kB-c
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy