Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family of beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi am new to the forum and looking some advice on where my family of 2 adults and 3 children aged 4,5 &8 should ski for a family holiday. We'd like to go over Christmas and new year 2013 ideally staying in a chalet. Has anyone got any advice on resorts that are good for beginners & children? Feel a bit bewildered as there's so many resorts and am a complete novice!
Thanks in advance
K x Very Happy [/b]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christmas week would be better in most places because New Years week can get v crowded. As you say, lots of resorts. Any preference re country?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With that age children I can definitely recommend taking a look at the offerings to Ski Esprit (http://www.espritski.com/).

All there offerings are catered chalet either small ones with just a few rooms or Chalet Hotels which are bigger (I tend towards the bigger ones as there are more likely to be more friends for my children) and all offer snow clubs along side the lessons allowing your children have fun in the kids club for half a day along side half day lessons which is much more manageable at 4yrs old.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the replys I think we're swaying towards France as its not too long a journey for everyone! Will have a look at esprit ski to see what they offer. Has anyone been over Christmas? Do the resorts do anything special for the festivities? Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Reading the brochure esprit certainly do a special Christmas meal with a visit from Father Christmas. I haven't been over Christmas, I have been skiing a number of times the week before Christmas and being in a ski resort with all the Christmas decorations up and snow on the ground was always vey magical.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Familyaskew, yes, lots of things going on for Christmas. And the New Year week is both extremely expensive and extremely crowded - really best avoided.

If you an afford it, Esprit sounds like a good idea.

Quote:

I think we're swaying towards France as its not too long a journey for everyone!

the journey depends more on what airport/resort combination you choose, than on what country. Some Austrian choices will have shorter elapsed journey times than some French choices.

How about doing it sooner - Easter 2013 is usefully early! snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're only 45 mins from LGW so that would be ideal, and would maybe even consider driving as the sameish distance from Dover?! Would love to do Easter this year but hubbie only really gets a longish break over Xmas & new year and we'd definately need to save! The fact that we've all been laid up in bed for the past 2 Christmases is pushing me to book now I'm determined to have a snowy magical Christmas for my children this year!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Familyaskew, you have plenty of time to think, plan and save - no need to rush into any decisions. It's a great idea - but will be expensive. And if it goes well, just the first of many expensive holidays. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy