Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which La Plagne base

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from Alpe D'Huez & thought it would be rude not to book another trip so I thought we might try La Plagne at Easter.

Wish list:

Good beginners area for Mrs who just enjoys pottering around
Good area for kids aged 7 & 5 who will be on their third trip
We will go self catering so somewhere with nice selection of restaurants

Thoughts & recommendations please, Happy New Year! snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plagne Centre! Have a look at Mountain Crush website for self catering Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you enjoyed Alpe d'Huez you'll love La Plagne.

Belle Plagne is the prettiest and great for pottering around - lovely cruisey blues.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's OK if you don't mind long lift queues slow lifts and variable (non existent) piste grooming Sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boredsurfing, Laughing Don't mind lack of piste grooming but lift lines suck. Is there anything steep there to keep me happy?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Guernseyfreerider, Loads especially in The Biolley sector, but be pepared to queue to finally get to it!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would avoid Belle Plagne at holiday time. It is lovely and there are some lovely places to ski there but it is a through route for getting to Bellecote and Bellecote in high season is horrible for anyone learning or lacking in confidence. The better skiers speed through and do not take account of people with less skills than themselves

There is a really good variety of runs in the La Plagne area and the LP lift pass covers all the areas this side of the Vanoise!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, you really are on a downer about La Plagne at the moment. Surely the queues will be nowhere near as bad at Easter as they are at New Year? I've never noticed you complaining before.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hells Bells, Yep I have never compained before even at half term but this Xmas / New Year it's beyond a joke. But as have said elswhere on here there are similar complaints on the French La Plagne forum.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
To get some ideas of the queues Have a look at this taken at 10.00am yestaerday at the Borselier lift
http://www.leforumdeparadiski.fr/download/file.php?id=3354&mode=view
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
Just got back from Alpe D'Huez & thought it would be rude not to book another trip so I thought we might try La Plagne at Easter.

Wish list:

Good beginners area for Mrs who just enjoys pottering around
Good area for kids aged 7 & 5 who will be on their third trip
We will go self catering so somewhere with nice selection of restaurants

Thoughts & recommendations please, Happy New Year! snowHead

Just a suggestions but howabout the other side of the 'flying handbag' and stay in peisey-vallandry. Great big open improvers area

served by a nice slow/easy chairlift and a piste-side restaurant for those obligatory coffee stops. lots of nice blues and easy reds through the trees for the kids, lots of fun blues to cruise round the different bits too - take the kids over to 1950 for the chocolate waffle shop! And some steeps on the blacks below the Ag. Rouge for you. If you take the discovery pass you can then do a day in la plagne if you fancy it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As they say the only good thing to do in Alpe D'huez is leave (apart from easier Eurotest)
You will like la Plagne
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just had the best start to the New Year with a gentle hour of skiing by myself round La Plagne and Bellecote - only downside being the hordes of Snow Mice but I didn't seem to have issues avoiding them this time. Maybe my ski legs have finally started to return!! Very Happy Very Happy

I have no experience of any other ski areas but I do love the La Plagne area as a relative newbie and improver Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
chaletgirl, Some nice OP in la plagne which does not get skied out in 5 minutes, on chatting with local ESF he suggested la plagne more of a family resort with less top end so everything lasts longer, nice
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I still haven't mastered off piste. But lots of the guys say its great here. I'm a bit of a wuss and in previous seasons have just tried to master skiing on piste. I'm not great when it gets 'lumpy'!!

I do need to get some off piste lessons soon - just to be able to do it if I want to Very Happy Very Happy I can't see me going anywhere else for a season - it'll take me years to get bored with what is here, let alone ski all of the available on and off piste!!
latest report
bertie bassett, That looks nice but maybe a little steep for my Missus wink

Is Peisey usually snowsure late in the season?, are there a nice selection of restaurants for the evening?

Looked at Plagne Centre and there didn't seem to be much choice for self catering accommodation unless I missed something

Cynic, My OH loved ADH it's definetly not a thing of beauty, I enjoyed it but not in a rush to go back, the skiing didn't really give me wood, I am in dire need of a steep fix.
latest report
Val Disere is what you need.

Let the Missus download at the ebd of the day. Job Done
snow report
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/winter/winter-holidays.html
Go to this site and click on accomodation. There will be loads of self catering options. I think they have special deals wich includes discounted ski passes. You can get a real bargain.
Also the area is large enough to escape the large queues. Just head over to the other side of the Roche di mio, lots of blues over there.
ski holidays
Les Arcs is better than La Plagne, IMHO, especially the Arc 2000 bowl - I can ski there all day and not get bored and it covers all the specs you have including steeps but with a selection of cruisey blues. 1950 was voted the best family village in France as well, partly because of all the additional kids events they put on at the end of the day and in the evenings. Peisey V is spreadout a bit and is quite low, it can get a bit worn and mushy late in the season but it does have some really nice tree line skiing.

Cynic, the prob I have with the top of La Plagne is it's a bit of a bottleneck and getting on that two part, horizontal bubble lift to the glacier takes forever if there is a crowd (it can also get very pushy/queue jumping at times. Last time, I had to physically explain to a French posse the concept 'a queue' - they didn't like it).
snow report
i found la plagne generally very flat, so if it steep your after then maybe its not for you
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy