Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EuroTunnel comes up trumps again.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I was booked for Saturday but due,to a family emergency had to cancel late on Friday, I had paid with tesco vouchers so was,expecting the worst. "No problem sir I will keep the booking open for the next year, just phone when you are ready" wow! So I phoned Sunday, got rebooked for Monday (today), arrived two hours before the scheduled departure, "no problem sir I will put you on the next departure which leaves in ten mins" double wow.
All without additional charges.
That's what I call service.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

That's what I call service.

and makes you wonder why people pay twice the price for the fancy ticket.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So not Ryanair then . . . wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
exactly the same reason we are driving again, its almost a pleasure, why would you want to get charged an arm & a leg, go to an overcrowded/priced airport, get chunted around as though you are a nuisance, get siht service on the aircraft, then coach transfer for couple of hours...let me think now!

Leave home drive to the tunnel then empty roads in France booked into nice, clean hotel, steak chips & a drop of red..bed.

Up early drive to resort in time for 1/2 day lift pass before getting the keys to the apartment, beats flying anytime & its considerably cheaper for us Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
michaelbury17, is it really cheaper though? Being in Preston and within 30 minutes of both Manchester and Liverpool airport which easyjet both fly from, surely when you work out costings it easier and cheaper to fly?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

empty roads in France

depends when you travel. Some local transfer trips have been reported as taking ages, over the last week or so with stationary traffic nose to tail. And depends on weather too.

Ricklovesthepowder, for two people, if you can get cheap flights, it's certainly cheaper to fly, though transfer costs need to be taken into account. Looking now at flight prices for the Easter school holidays it's MUCH cheaper to drive for a family. Three lots of family coming out here for Easter (when it will be low season in French resorts and accommodation cheap) have decided to drive for that reason.

There's no straightforward answer to the "drive or fly" question. See some recent threads about horrendous flights with TO into Innsbruck which (like Chambery) is easily disrupted by bad weather. I once spent 9 hours waiting in a hugely crowded Innsbruck airport for planes to start being able to take off. There were no seats left, there were no provisions left, the loos were swamped, it was no fun at all. But then snow in northern France causes as much chaos as it does in the UK and travelling at 30 mph in convoy behind snowploughs on one open lane on the autoroute loses its appeal after the first two hours too. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

depends when you travel. Some local transfer trips have been reported as taking ages, over the last week or so with stationary traffic nose to tail. And depends on weather too.

But had you been driving the it is most likely that you would have also been caugh.t up in the bad traffic, would you not?

Quote:

There's no straightforward answer to the "drive or fly" question

Absolutely, for the past few years we have done waking up to being on ski's in Courchevel in just over 8 hours, but have also have 23 hour journey's doing the exact same trip. You pay your money and take your choice......
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Depends where you are in the country, Eurostar and EuroTunnel can be great if you live in the Midlands or South, I live in the North East so its a long drive or train journey down!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I live in the North East and we have done:

Self catering, self travel via Air
Self catering, self travel via Eurostar
Catered Chalet, all inclusive from Manchester (3 hour drive)
and this year catered chalet, self travel from Newcastle (£15 taxi to airport)

We haven't, and probably won't, tried driving it ourselves. I think it totally depends where you are in the country. Think we might have cracked it this year though. Book NCL flights early, book accommodation last minute!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes I agree with Ricks comments above but i have 3 kids aged 18-13 & generally pay full price for them flying using hotel/catered chalets so driving pretty much reduces our holiday by 50% & like I said we make the journey part of the holiday
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jbob, we have only been let down by this once, and that was because we needed to return early and Eurotunnel couldn't change the booking to that day (it was New Year). They did let us rebook it for later in the year though,meaning we only had an outbound ticket to buy with the next lot of Tesco vouchers.

Mac22, we drive from the North East all the time.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We are returning to UK earlier this week and rang ET ( wink ) last night to change. No problem - £11 fee fare difference but no fee to bring forward our Tesco clubcard booking. Very helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy