Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big white condo/apartment and silver star

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
Got our flights booked for kelowna end of feb, we like the idea of an apartment and looking at big white or silver star any recommendations?!
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My sister in law has a great apartment at BW; 3 bedroom, 7ft double bed, steam room shower, hot tub on balcony, and step out of bootroom onto link piste. May well be available so pm me or reply if interested. I am in France at the mo, but can email her.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have stayed in Snowbird lodge and Firelight lodge in Silver Star. Snowbird is true ski in ski out and at the end of the end of the main street. most of the apartments in Snowbird have hot tubs on the balcony not the studios there is no public hot tub. Snowbird lodge no boot driers in most units but the bathroom floor is heated (works quite well) firelight they have boot driers. Ski locker to keep ski in direct access to the piste.
Firelight is next to the skating rink and is a short walk to and from the skiing, you can just about ski back. At firelight the condos on the ground floor (the rooms in 100s) have tubs on the patio, there is a public hot tub for the rest of the lodge.The tubing is between firelight and the skiing and bowling lanes are in the basement of Firelight.
The 1 bed units we have stayed in had full kitchen and laundry. Booked to stay in Snowbird again this year.

Big White we have not had quite as much luck, the inn at BW was so so, the room we had was clean but tired the people we were with had a great room newly refurbished same price. It is ski in ski out and close to restaurants and we would stay there again in a better room. Last year we stayed in Ptarmigan inn on the 4th floor, there was no lift, no internet, tv did not work, the kitchen was venerable it was all clean but in need of updating, not ski in /ski out no hot tub.
Both buildings claim laundry rooms non in the condos.

This year we are in Grizzly lodge we will see how that goes ( could not get a premium room in the Inn at BW).
pm me if you need any specific info about which rooms to avoid.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have an appt in Big White, but not available end of Feb as we will be in it ourselves Smile

But if you want any advice on apartment choice then pm me before committing as we know most of the buildings there. Can't help much with Silver Star though.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi all, thanks for the replies, turns out i got my dates wrong, we are actually travelling out on the 9th of march....
also, wanted to ask what the supermarket/grocery situation is? we are going to be going on the transfer bus from kelowna so won't be able to stop en-route, is there a supermaret in Big White? and if so is it pricey?! we were planning on having a few meals in the condo, nothing too major, pizza, that kind of thing and probably breakfast most days... is there somewhere to buy that kind of stuff?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, there is a supermarket in BW its not the cheapest but it is the only one and it sells wine and beer (most supermarkets don't) and there is a bakery.
Silver Star has what can only be described as a "corner shop" it does have a good bakery (tried) and a pizza shop ( not tried).
There is normally a starter pack of coffee, teabags, sugar sachets and hot choc, there always has been until now.
We have managed to find sufficient variety food for 3 adults and 2 picky teens in both resorts.
There may be grocery delivery services available you need to look on line to find out.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy