Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Guardian what fits and what doesn't.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I can confirm from fiddling about that the Dynafit Mercury (and thus Vulcan and One) fit into the Guardian properly. Was able to setup everything fine and the AFD lines up with the slidy lugs on the boots sole designed to help release. Not mounted them on skis yet so haven't tried the actual release yet but don't forsee any problems given how well they fit (no places where the boot sole is wedged tight against anything).

Anyone else sticking non-Salomon boots into them with success?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The TGR thread on the subject suggests that Technica's AT boots should fit okay (and passed a torque test) but some skepticism was expressed about Mercuries releasing cleanly without a bit of a sanding job on the toe.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I assume this is touring boots, rather than piste boots? I've got the piste soles on my Scarpa Typhoons and they're fine.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yer touring boots. That which Salomon tell you not to use. Smile

Serriadh, I could set the toe height fine with the Mercury and it's not binding up on anything so I'm a bit skeptical about some of the comment in that thread which seems to be given without actually trying it.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
meh wrote:
I could set the toe height fine with the Mercury and it's not binding up on anything so I'm a bit skeptical about some of the comment in that thread which seems to be given without actually trying it.

That's good to know. The Mercury/One/Vulcan don't really have a super rockered sole after all, though they don't look quite as flat as the Cochise does. If you could fall off them a few times and report back, that would be great wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Serriadh, lol, will do, should be mounted by the end of the week and I'll give them a test on the bench before committing to breaking a leg. Wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ye gads changing the brakes is a PITA, or more accurately reseating the binding in the adjustment rail. You need to pull on it harder than you think!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy