Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RyanAir: coming to a back garden near you!

Poster: A snowHead
Read this in the Sun today (reliable as always)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4719278/Ryanair-puts-passengers-lives-in-danger-warn-pilots.html

Looks like they are really pinching the pennies!

~Mac
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac22, Here is Mr O Leary's response Looks like this story is going to cost the Sun some money!

http://www.thejournal.ie/ryanair-legal-action-fuel-claims-736160-Dec2012/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mikey should issue a writ against this site - from the embedded welcome message on front page aimed at newly registering users, to every second thread, he could really fill his boots
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I genuinely wonder if O'tw@t's whole business plan is to just see what he can get away with and what us lemmings will accept . . . I cannot find any other possible excuse for O'tw@tair's existence. Evil or Very Mad I'll walk to some obscure s#*thole before flying with them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque, awesome - top of the list Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Masque, I find myself in complete accord, happy new year.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Last night a spokesperson for Ryanair said: “The claims made by this Dutch TV programme are factually untrue.

“As the official report into the three Valencia weather diversions confirmed, all three pilots took extra fuel and all three aircraft fully complied with safety regulations.

“A joint statement issued by the Irish and Spanish safety authorities confirmed that Ryanair safety is ‘on a par with the safest airlines in Europe’.

“TV programmes such as this, which are based on false claims by anonymous contributors, have no credibility.

“The only pressure placed on Ryanair pilots is to prioritise safety, which is why Ryanair has an outstanding 28 year safety record.”

Sounds fair enough to me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dav, I don't doubt they're safe and I don't doubt it's a shiteway to travel anywhere. . . . fair is an entirely different conversation
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque, Never had any issue with them, would i fly to a ski resort with them NO! Would I fly between the UK and Ireland with them on fortnightly basis and never have an issue? Yep

Dut to a client asking me to teach privately, on e year and making arrangements I had to travel with them, we were late back for the return flight that Christmas many years ago with the bad snow and we were allowed check in no issue as the flight had been delayed by 4 hours.

If you don't like them don't fly with them, there are plenty of other options, but everyone knows what they are like and what to expect.

They are one of the safest, most efficient, punctual airlines in Europe according to the EC official stats. Play by there rules and they are fine.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13, I can remember when flying was a fun adventure . . . today that airline simply epitomizes everything that has changed in that. It may be safe, it may be reasonably timely but it ramps up the cattle truck analogy to new heights of misery.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fattes13 wrote:

They are one of the safest, most efficient, punctual airlines in Europe according to the EC official stats. Play by there rules and they are fine.

But still their customer satisfaction results are bottom of the pile

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250900/Ryanair-air-passenger-satisfaction-league-table.html

Quote:
THE BEST AND THE WORST
1 Swiss 82 per cent
2 Turkish Airlines 78 per cent
3 Lufthansa 75 per cent
4 Aer Lingus 74 per cent
5 KLM 67 per cent
6 British Airways 67 per cent
7 SAS 65 per cent
8 TAP Portugal 64 per cent
9 Air Malta 62 per cent
10 Jet2.com 61 per cent
11 Flybe 59 per cent
12 EasyJet 54 per cent
13 Monarch 47 per cent
14 Thomson Airways 45 per cent
15 Thomas Cook Airlines 36 per cent
16 Ryanair 34 per cent
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Masque, Making it affordable for those that otherwise may not be able to fly.

I have had bad experiences with BA, and AerLingus and have yet to have a bad ryanair experience as my expectations are lower I guess.

Flying is probably only a Fun Adventure on now if you are going Business or 1st class. From the moment you step in an Airport, the whole Airport and have to deal with overbearing security and Q's
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I can remember when flying was a fun adventure

I dare say bus travel was once too. And expensive.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andyrew wrote:
Quote:

I can remember when flying was a fun adventure

I dare say bus travel was once too. And expensive.

Driving to ski resorts still is Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I really don't get people's massively negative attitude towards Ryanair (and other companies for that matter) unless they have actually had personal experience, and then do you know what you do? You take your money else where, that is the only way Ryanair will stop 'cutting corners' as Masque, said "just see what he can get away with and what us lemmings will accept" Yes that's exactly what they are doing I am sure, can we save 1pound per trip by not allowing adults to use the toilet on a 2hr trip, great save me that pound, I never use them on short hall flights (children and medical conditions aside) who can't not drink 2pints at the airport and pee before and after the flight?
ski holidays
charliwest, seconded. If you stick to RAs (albeit rather stingy) guidelines then you get what you pay for - safe transport through a hostile environment for less money than it took to get you to the airport. Dollars to doughnuts that many of the 'disgruntled' are trying to sneak a bag the size of a Volkswagon past the BagStazi on the gate rather than having to spend an extra tenner on hold luggage.

If you don't like it, then stop clicking on 'Sort By Price- low to high' on Cheapflights etc.
snow report
If it wasn't for the appalling standards and cost of trains in the UK that would be my choice every time. European rail travel is gentile, quick, reasonably priced and more to the point it's BLOODY RELAXING!
ski holidays
Having watched way to much air crash investigations than is healthy and following various ryanair news stories, I would be concerned that an incident is only a matter of time away. But to be devils advocate, we hate them. So do journalists AND air authorities. So if there is anything even slightly amiss, authorities and journalists love to jump on it. For all we know these authorities are turning blind eye to and / or covering up more serious infractions by other airlines nearer and dearer to our hearts. We all know how American authorities covered certain major company's asses many times. BTW nothing would make me more nervous than flying the new Dreamliner which appears to be riddled with glitches
snow report
Bring back steamships and Zeppelins I say . . . Imagine taking an airship to the Alps Shocked the speed, the views, the convenience of virtually door to door travel . . . just perfik Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Boris,

Fun or expensive ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy