Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trip Report Arabba December 2012

Poster: A snowHead
pokemon, wow! And the panoramic photo is brilliant! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for informative and entertaining report. It really is hard to go past the Dolomites for a ski week. Still my favorite ski area in the world.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red 23 and on to blue into Arabba Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/j0DtBXzgH08&feature=youtu.be
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chasseur, I don't think I've done that one all the way down. I've never got past the Plan Boe bar and I've skied it many, many times. Embarassed Toofy Grin

Did you do the testosterone alley bit where you branch off left part way down? That's great fun. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can't find a Red 23 Sad Is this not Red 27 then Blue 26 going clockwise into Arabba?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Dr Rock, yep
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geepee,

Quote:

Did you do the testosterone alley bit where you branch off left part way down? That's great fun.

That's the route we normally take, as it's sometimes quieter. I think it's at 1:12 in the video where there's a group of people that have stopped off to the left. It now takes you past the entrance to the Arabba Superpark (jumps, rails etc). Both this route and the Superpark re-join the Red further down. In the video the Red piste looks pretty flat. Most of the times I've been down this, especially later in the day, it has become quite chopped up, like soft moguls. This is also true where the you pop out on the Blue above the village where the piste opens out.

Chasseur, Looks like you had nice conditions and was especially quiet. It's normally quiet anyway, just looks like there was even less people than normal Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur, What camera did you use for the video? I was considering buying a GoPro but was wondering about cheaper alternatives. Your video looks pretty good quality
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great thread! I'm looking forward move than ever now to the BB (snowHeads' and my own)

This sounds especially good.
geepee wrote:
pam w wrote:
So I'm up for some cruising/lunching/cruising days.

You and Pedantica will love a trip over to the restaurant at Santa Croce. It's a bit of a hike up a hill to the restaurant and church but well worth it and if you carry your skis up you can ski back down. Great food and fantastic scenery.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
pokemon wrote:

That's the route we normally take, as it's sometimes quieter. I think it's at 1:12 in the video where there's a group of people that have stopped off to the left. It now takes you past the entrance to the Arabba Superpark (jumps, rails etc). Both this route and the Superpark re-join the Red further down.

That's the one. Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The one you can get 1 single GS carve round? snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
andy, or 0.5 GS turn, followed by 2 rails and 3 iron cross jumps wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chasseur, perhaps consider going via Venice or Treviso/Venice airports next time?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur wrote:
Red 23 and on to blue into Arabba Toofy Grin

Great video but turn boy turn, you got a nice wide motorway piste there use it Wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chasseur, Oh man, that brought back some happy memories. LOVE that run... though generally I do it a bit slower... and never, ever, ever go past the Plan Boe.... whassamatter with you boy? Toofy Grin

andy wrote:
The one you can get 1 single GS carve round? snowHead

Happy days Laughing
snow report
Think Ronald tried it? Someone did.

Seemed weird seeing no banner on the Boe' (and no sH contingent outside)

Less than 1 month to go... snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
andy wrote:
+1 for santa croce on a nice day. mind your head though (best wear a lid inside Wink ) worth the last few paces up to the viewing point, too after lunch before popping the skis back on.

and the run back down is probably one of the best blue / easy reds in the area (all in the sun too, since it will be a nice day, of course)

And this is indeed the very same run back down - bonus points available to those who can 'spot the snowhead'

It's on my to do list to return too during the BB too..
ski holidays
Pokemon: just get a Gopro. No messin' no cables, easy to use etc: they just work Little Angel
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Chasseur, Oh man, that brought back some happy memories. LOVE that run... though generally I do it a bit slower... and never, ever, ever go past the Plan Boe.... whassamatter with you boy? Toofy Grin

Geepee wrote:
Chasseur, I don't think I've done that one all the way down. I've never got past the Plan Boe bar and I've skied it many, many times.

Just for you guys....... Toofy Grin

'Scuse the "background track".....Laughing

http://youtube.com/v/uCY1mOaN7v4&feature=youtu.be
ski holidays
pokemon, GoPro Hero 2 - mounted on front of helmet as opposed to the top.
latest report
Chasseur, thanks. Was looking at the GoPro Hero 3 Silver. Did you ever consider the chest mount option. My wife thinks the helmet mount may make me standout too much on the slope Confused
snow conditions
Chasseur, lovely! I really enjoyed that!
latest report
pokemon, the set came with a head band which I used to mount on the front of my helmet (snigger). To be honest, I had no idea what view that would give until I downloaded onto the laptop after the first day. Relatively happy with the film position and I did change the angle to a lower shot several times which also seem to come out quite well. Just need to stablise the mount and/or tighten the helmet to get rid of some of the judder.
snow report
Pedantica, thanks Very Happy

I quite enjoyed the beer and williams, too Toofy Grin
snow conditions
did I see a 'blood-wagon' on the right?? !! (half way thru..)
snow report
Chasseur, Back ground track...... Laughing Laughing Laughing

But yes, that's much better, I was starting to worry about you Toofy Grin
ski holidays
albob, yup.

Bootsie Darling, worry your lovely little self not.... Toofy Grin some things are a refreshing constant in life Laughing
ski holidays
Chasseur, ^^ me too - one more week and then I'm off for a week in Selva - hope conditions are as good and pistes as quiet as they look on your video!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chasseur wrote:
Just need to stablise the mount and/or tighten the helmet to get rid of some of the judder.
Did you use the little while rubber gasket thing that fits between the mount and the insert? Makes a big difference in reducing judder.
latest report
bertie bassett, tricky one that, no obvious signs of madness or yellow stickers. However, is that Cathy hooning it for her next fix of pasta and Prosecco?
snow report
rob@rar wrote:
Chasseur wrote:
Just need to stablise the mount and/or tighten the helmet to get rid of some of the judder.
Did you use the little while rubber gasket thing that fits between the mount and the insert? Makes a big difference in reducing judder.
That sounds painful. Shocked
I look like a mushroom just wearing a helmet. God knows what I'd look like with a camera stuck on it. Actually, I know exactly... the home of the Wombles is only just up the road.
latest report
rob@rar, er...nope! Will have to get all the gubbins out and look for that...isn't ringing a bell. Thanks.
snow report
Charssy sweetie, Well thank gawd for that.... I very nearly needed therapy then.... (shuttit....) Toofy Grin

Pedantica, eh oh.... wink Laughing
latest report
DoubleBombardino wrote:
bertie bassett, tricky one that, no obvious signs of madness or yellow stickers. However, is that Cathy hooning it for her next fix of pasta and Prosecco?

Good shout - and spot on!
latest report
DoubleBombardino, bertie bassett, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy