Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go 12th Jan? Help please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello fellow Snowheads

I'm in the lucky position of unexpectedly having a week off the 12th of Jan so was going to get a late deal somewhere. There seems to be quite a few cheap deals around but I wonder if anybody could comment on the suitability of the various places for me?

Having not been skiing in January I'm somewhat concerned about it being very cold. My ski buddy also hates the cold. For that reason I was thinking somewhere with nice tree lined runs for shelter....Obviously this means lower resorts but I'm struggling to get a good view of where has good snow at the moment - or is likely to on the 12th

Other requirements are

Lots of lovely long blue runs- we don't need a massive ski area but I like the feeling of travel you get from long runs. Also don't like having to do the same blues over and over though. I am not a very confident skier so long gentle runs are best- I'm not great with heights especially steep drops!!!

Not too worried about apes ski but like a few bars and shops, preference for prettiy-ish place but skiing defo more important. Transfers 2 hours or less.

Prefer self catering or large-ish hotel. Don't mind a few minutes walk to slopes but would prefer not to have to get a ski bus.

Some of the places I think might fit the bill are

Les Arcs
La Plagne
Courcheval
Val d'Isère

I've only ever skied in France and Italy so was quite up for trying Austria but know very little about it there.

I really liked Les Deux Alps last year but I suspect it could be quite windswept this time of year hence discounting it for this trip- maybe I am wrong to do that- any thoughts?

Budget £450 for flights, accom and transfers

Any help most gratefully received.

Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.mareo.it for self catering DIY trip. It's on the piste. About 2 hours from Innsbruck. Frau Valentin speaks English. I'm not connected to it in any way except as a satisfied customer
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Long blue runs is La Plagne, and it does have tree-lined runs too. However it's not great for shopping and some bits are ugly, especially Aime La Plagne.

I think it's a great resort though, it gets a bad press on here but I've been there four times in recent years and would go again.

As awesome as Val D is, if you're not a confident skier, you won't get the most out of it.

Courchevel is excellent, and would also suit you - but you may struggle on price. Would try for 1650 or La Tania.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy