Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

options for parking low to ski Meribel travelling from Bourg St Maurice?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We are currently in Bourg St Maurice and want to go and ski with our daughter who is staying in Meribel tomorrow (think it is Mottaret)
What is the best place to park (preferably free!). Presume there is somewhere en route where we could park low and travel up via the lift system?

As it is New Year week everywhere is very busy at the moment and we don't particularly want to get snarled up in the centre of Meribel trying to find somewhere to park.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jayne durham, I think you are going to need local advice on just how busy it is right now.

There has always been plenty of free parking spaces in Meribel or Mottaret whenever I have driven up but this has been at Easter.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks rjs - was hoping to get an idea of an entry point nearer Bourg so drive is shorter too & hop on a lift!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you already have a lift pass? If you do there are free car parks at Raffort and Les Allues (the mid stations for the Olympic gondola). If not, the lowest and easiest place with a ticket office is Brides Les Bains, only 6km from Moutiers with free parking and the start of the Olympic. Only downside is it limits you to having to get back on it by (I think) 5pm to return so no real time for apres. You could also go to Meribel Village which has a ticket office and free parking by the Golf chair. This gives the option of returning on the free ski bus if you want to do apres elsewhere in Meribel.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Or you could ski from Bourg St Maurice over to Champagny, then take a short taxi or bus to one of the lower Courchevel resorts (e.g. Le Praz) and meet your daughter there.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
drive up to Le chatelet Mottaret and free parking near the entrance to Lac Tueda and National Park
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Raceplate - thanks for that. No we dont have passes yet so think we will need to go to Brides Les Bains. Apres isnt an issue... we will want to head back by 5 ish
How long does the ride to Meribel take from Brides?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jayne durham wrote:
Raceplate - thanks for that. No we dont have passes yet so think we will need to go to Brides Les Bains. Apres isnt an issue... we will want to head back by 5 ish
How long does the ride to Meribel take from Brides?

About 25 mins
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret - wont it be full at this time of the year? Bourg is insane at the moment.. never seen so much traffic around. The funicular car park and overflow are regularly full which we have never seen before.....
Raceplate - do you know what time the Brides Les Bains gondola opens in the morning?
Thanks so much everyone...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jayne durham wrote:
Raceplate - do you know what time the Brides Les Bains gondola opens in the morning?

8:30am I believe. Specifically to allow people from Brides to get to Meribel Chaudanne for the rest of the lifts opening at 9am and beat the morning ski school queues.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jayne durham, http://ski.brides-les-bains.com/directly-to-meribel.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fantastic
Thanks Snowheads!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Never needed a pass in the past 7 seasons to get on the bubble at Les Allues or Raffort. Not checked this season but I think its highly unlikely they have put turnstiles in as there are no ticket desks there to sell you a pass and they want you to get to Meribel and buy a ticket.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowrider wrote:
Never needed a pass in the past 7 seasons to get on the bubble at Les Allues or Raffort. Not checked this season but I think its highly unlikely they have put turnstiles in as there are no ticket desks there to sell you a pass and they want you to get to Meribel and buy a ticket.
Interesting point. I used them several times last year also and I'm sure they've got turnstiles but maybe they're not electronic? Raffort was my daily lift for one of my seasons there but I can't remember now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from staying in les Allues. You will need a pass to get on in Brides but not in les Allues or Raffort - no tickets sold at these places. Also don't need to show a ticket to get on to travel down from Meribel. It closes at 5pm at the moment and 5.30 pm from February. Free bus only goes a far as les Allues.
ski holidays
Thanks for all the advice. Didn't pick up suggestions re the higher stations till we got back! Parked fine in brides les bains/got lift passes. All very easy and had a great day!
ski holidays
jayne durham wrote:
Thanks for all the advice. Didn't pick up suggestions re the higher stations till we got back! Parked fine in brides les bains/got lift passes. All very easy and had a great day!

Great! Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy