Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dead heat in men's World Cup downhill race

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Saturday's World Cup downhill race in Bormio (Italy) ended in an exciting dead heat. And there was only 0.01 second between the winners and third place....Austria's Hannes Reichelt and Italy's Dominik Paris were the joint winners, while Aksel Lund Svindal extended his overall lead by coming in third.
See: http://universalsports.com/video/2012-fis-alpine-skiing-world-cup-bormio-downhill-reichelt-and-paris-tie-for-win/?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 30-12-12 16:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was only 0.01 seconds between third and forth place making it 0.02 seconds covering the first four
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That Stelvio piste sorts the men from the boys.......
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
el Hen, Was great to see it so tight and Timberwolf, you are dam right it does. You could actually see the fatigue kicking in for the last couple of hundred Meters of the Run.

It will be interesting to see if a few more of them have FIS looking at introducing a more accurate timing as they have in Bobsleigh for Skiing, although they might just do what they did for GS & introduce new skis that increase the winning margins rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fattes13, The young Austrian (name escapes me) looked like he'd been hit by Mike Tyson for about 100m before he crashed......
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fattes13, They have introduced new skis for both Downhill & Super G for this season.
Regs for DH skis for men is now 218cm (min) with 50M rad.
Sup G is 210cm (min) with 45M rad.
This is just for World Cup & Europa Cup this season. But will be for all races as from next year.

There has been a triple dead heat in a womens World Cup before.
The first time three skiers shared first in any event occurred in 2003, when Norway’s Andrine Flemmen, Nicole Hosp of Austria and Tina Maze clocked identical times in a women’s World Cup giant slalom at Soelden, Austria.

Michaela Dorfmeister, Lindsey Kildow(Vonn) and Nadia Styger shared first place in a women’s World Cup super-G at Hafjell, Norway in March 03, 2006. The first time in a speed event.

Bormio is renouned as being one of the hardest on the athletes. It is so bumpy with big jumps too and going into dark and light so much.
Still a pretty good close race though. The Mens speed races have all been great so far this season. Bring on Wengen & Kitzbuhel!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Plugboy, I know but the changes to the speed disciplines are no where near as noticable as the changes to the GS skis.

Plus having been on both the new and older GS skis this season the new ones are a nightmare!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Plugboy, that's going to make life interesting for the Eurotest victims Shocked Don't think it'll be on my list of ski challenges wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
Plugboy, that's going to make life interesting for the Eurotest victims Shocked Don't think it'll be on my list of ski challenges wink

I understand euro test is still using the old style gs skis.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skir67, There is actually a myth the wording for Eurotest skis states

"The following of the FIS rules for GS skis is no longer mandatory for participants entering the Eurotest so should be treated as guidance only."

So if you felt the need you could do it on some ski blades! Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fattes13, The changes to the SG skis are probably just as noticeable as the GS. The SG have gone up by 5cm length but 12 m rad compared to the GS going up by 10cm but only 8m rad. The SG skis are now like skiing on DH skis from last year yet the courses are still as turny and technical.
I wouldn't think you'd do very well in the Eurotest on Blades, almost as slow as a snowboard!! Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy