Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many pairs do you have?

Poster: A snowHead
I sold two pairs of skis the other day but still realise that between us (Family of 4) we still have eleven pairs of skis!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got 3 pairs but I'm not planning on using any of them any more. I'm thinking of picking up a fourth pair this season though. One day I hope to live in a house where all my skis can find a nice home Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just 1 - K2s Camino 178 bought in 1996 carvers and still getting good use out of them and have not tried any others out since them. Am I missing something?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
3 if you count my old Fischer RC4s (circa 1983). One pair live in Italy, one pair go travelling.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
one word hibernia, yes.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just 1....until next week snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
2 but one pair still new and shiny after an early summer bargain purchase

roll on winter......
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
...... always at least one pair less than I 'need' (read want).

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 20-10-05 15:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I personally have 2 pairs that will be used this winter. We have 6 pair for 4 skiers;
Head iXRC 180cm
Dynastar Intuitive 74 182cm
Salomon Course

Other skis in the house & used by the family;
19 year old daughter
Atomic 9:22 Race 170cm
Atomic boots B9
17 year old daughter
Fischer Big Stix 7.2 165cm
Nordica Beast
15 Year old son
Fischer RX8 175cm
Salomon Super Mountain 186cm
Technica Explosion 8

Cheers,

Barrettscv
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Barrettscv, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At the moment I own four pair and about to get another set.

Salomon Pocket Rocket 185
Volkl Ledgend 178 (Going to sell these though)
Dynastar Trouble Makers 175
Volkl 6 Star 168
(About to buy some Rossi Zenith 9s)

By the end of the season I should be down to 2 pairs, 1 big mountian twin for th park & ripping around & the Z9s for teaching
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
4 pairs (down from 5!):

Atomic Powder Cruise (190cm)
Dynastar Legend Pro (186)
Atomic 9.22 (190)
Atomic SX11 (170)

Looking to sell the Powder Cruises and the 9.22s. Seen some Atomic Powder Plus for sale which are tempting although probably a waste of money if I'm being sensible...

Would love to uncover a pair of Dynastar Arno Adam pro models in 194 - the prettiest skis ever (and the inspiration for my screen name) and a great ride in a slightly old school type of way
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just 2 pairs. I feel inadequate.
Got a pair of K2 axis X which have just been demoted to my 'Scotland' ski and a pair of Head ixrc 1100.
Actually might sell the K2's soon. Got a feeling I'm going to need a powder ski this year....
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A rather amateur ( compared to some of you guys ) 1 pair
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Errgggh, 2 pairs , which works out at a pair bought for every 2 weeks skiing ... so far. Some people are just stupid .. Embarassed
snow report
264, but they really belong to the shop. 4 personally; K2 Apache Cheif 188, Dynaster Speed 66 178, Vokll Karma 177, Something new. And then all that exists in our test centre, how green are you guys? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
One - Dynastar Skicross 10s. Probably get a new pair this year, having given the Dynastars a bit of a bashing last season.
latest report
2 and a half...
K2 Seth Pistols
Head iXRC1100SW
Fischer Spyders
ski holidays
kevinrhead wrote:
Barrettscv, Welcome to Snowheads snowHead

Thanks KH,

Looks like a great place.

Best...

michael
latest report
I have* two monoskis. Is that a pair?
---------------
*I have you not
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
2 and a half...
K2 Seth Pistols
Head iXRC1100SW
Fischer Spyders

How do you like your SETH'S, and why/not? Twisted Evil
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
I have* two monoskis. Is that a pair?
---------------
*I have you not

And a one-piece C&A suit and a 'Flock of Seagulls' haircut.
Jesus lives, and he ski's 'The Rectoligne' Couloir!
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Do people with multi-ski quivers take all their skis with them when they head off on a ski trip, or do you take one pair based on the type of skiing you think you might be doing?
latest report
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
Do people with multi-ski quivers take all their skis with them when they head off on a ski trip, or do you take one pair based on the type of skiing you think you might be doing?

Very Happy I've been wondering that, are people taking more than one pair of skis out with them?
snow report
Pay me 100euro's per pair, bring you your skis to us. We'll store them, maintain them(wax, edge, repair etc) and have them ready for your next trip. For the life of the ski. This is free if you buy from us. Provided you ski here in Cham. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
3 Pairs including my old skinny K2 TRC's.
rob@rar.org.uk, ise, Yes, taking 2 pairs, new piste carvers and old freeride pair.
ski holidays
ise wrote:
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:

Very Happy I've been wondering that, are people taking more than one pair of skis out with them?

The rental market is way up on ski sales! The speed of technology change and the speed by which you guy's improve as skiers, coupled with the frequency you ski , based on the easiness of travel is killing the sales market. Ski-volution is in a period of transition. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I have my head monster IM75 which I really like and bought last year and I have a pair of Blizzard firebird bought in 1987 which have retired now and sit at the back of the loft under a pile of everything else that is now useless that I can't bring myself to throw away. I donn't intend to buy any more until my current skis have done 20 weeks or they are beyond repair which ever is the soonest.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:

I'll carry two pair, regardless of car or air travel. Last year I spent 4 days in Snowbird. Enjoyed two days of available powder on a wide ski and switched to a Supercross ski after the powder was groomed and skied down.

In the USA you can drive up to the lifts and sleep a short walk from the slopes. This makes multiple skis doable.

Cheers,

Barrettscv
snow report
Head iXRC1200 SW
Head Mojo90
Atomic SX-9
hoping to get a pair of Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuel this season
ski holidays
1 pair: xscream series with 10 weeks on them.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
2 and a half...
K2 Seth Pistols
Head iXRC1100SW
Fischer Spyders

I bought them a couple of years ago in Salt Lake, there had been a couple of days of major dumps (50cm+ during the day, and more at night), and the forecast for the rest of the first week of my trip was for further snowfall. From Utah, I was heading up to Jackson Hole, so it really was a no-brainer.
Cheaper than hiring, no waiting around in the shop with the rental crowds who want fat skis - I can be on the slopes getting pow, while they are getting bindings adjusted, etc.
So, after taking advice from friends, and trying a few options, the Pistols seemed the best fit for me.
In the fluffy stuff, they are great. I love them. The only drawback is that they are quite heavy when dangling on the chairlift.
Just this year, I was playing around with them on-piste, and got the edges locked into nice carving turns, which is when I discovered how much they can rip on-piste too - you just need enough time/space to get from one edge to the other. Laughing

So, I carry the two pairs of skis with me when going on a trip - I wouldn't leave them in a resort, cause IMHO, that leaves you stuck in a rut of going to the same place, when there's a lot more places to try out.
latest report
Feeling a bit outgunned

My first and only pair of skis - K2 Apache Recon's with 3 days use on them.
Roll on winter
snow report
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
2 and a half...
K2 Seth Pistols
Head iXRC1100SW
Fischer Spyders

I bought them a couple of years ago in Salt Lake, there had been a couple of days of major dumps (50cm+ during the day, and more at night), and the forecast for the rest of the first week of my trip was for further snowfall. From Utah, I was heading up to Jackson Hole, so it really was a no-brainer.
Cheaper than hiring, no waiting around in the shop with the rental crowds who want fat skis - I can be on the slopes getting pow, while they are getting bindings adjusted, etc.
So, after taking advice from friends, and trying a few options, the Pistols seemed the best fit for me.
In the fluffy stuff, they are great. I love them. The only drawback is that they are quite heavy when dangling on the chairlift.
Just this year, I was playing around with them on-piste, and got the edges locked into nice carving turns, which is when I discovered how much they can rip on-piste too - you just need enough time/space to get from one edge to the other. Laughing

So, I carry the two pairs of skis with me when going on a trip - I wouldn't leave them in a resort, cause IMHO, that leaves you stuck in a rut of going to the same place, when there's a lot more places to try out.

So repeat that bit about how they work on piste, please. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The rental market is way up on ski sales! The speed of technology change and the speed by which you guy's improve as skiers, coupled with the frequency you ski , based on the easiness of travel is killing the sales market. Ski-volution is in a period of transition. Twisted Evil

As you say the frequency you ski is key. Some pretty good season rentals, but worth buying definitely. Good job there are substantial discounts though, at 2 pairs of race GS, one slalom and one super-G per year (and it's going to get worse) for one young racer. I can see I'll have to rack up the whole garage in a few years time unless we discard a few pairs Very Happy
ski holidays
Rossi B2 Bandits on order
Rossi Mountain Vipers as rock skis
K2 SuperStinx as tele skis

And a variety of older skis just in case wink

I take a pair of alpine skis and boots, and a pair of tele skis and boots with me on holiday. It make for interesting packing Very Happy
ski holidays
PG wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:

As you say the frequency you ski is key. Some pretty good season rentals, but worth buying definitely. Good job there are substantial discounts though, at 2 pairs of race GS, one slalom and one super-G per year (and it's going to get worse) for one young racer. I can see I'll have to rack up the whole garage in a few years time unless we discard a few pairs Very Happy

Yeah, but you love it. What else you got to put in the garage? A Lotus, Quad Bike, Snow-mobile? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
So repeat that bit about how they work on piste, please. Twisted Evil

Get them on their edges, get the pressure right, carve the turns at relatively high speeds.
snow conditions
1 pair, 1 (ski) week old. Salomon Scream 10 Hot 185s.

3rd pair I'd tried in a week in Breck last season (found the Extra Hots too wide on piste and just didn't like the Streetracer). After one run on them, I decided I had to buy them. but didn't. Couple of trips later and a few more skis that didn't work as well for me (Crossmax 10s and some horrendous Dynastars that didn't last a morning). Bought them in the Slush & Rubble end of season sale and haven't regretted it for a second after a week playing with them in La Thuile in April.
snow report
Two pairs:

Salomon X-Screams £300 with bindings from a branch of Decathlon in Turin. Bargain.

Salomon Pocket Rockets

Going to launch a takover bid for my sister's Rossignol 9S's soon.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy