Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday Companies too slow..?!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked up for a week in Meribel for 5th January.

We often wait until a few weeks before to get the best deals, but this year it has been like pulling teeth. Companies who have been great in the past have taken a age to respond (5 days for one!) and quite a few staff have been fairly surly and unhelpful when I've called. I understand that it is the holidays but when a customer is calling trying to give you £1000+, you would think there would be a good standard of customer service.

Has anyone else found this? Just seems that people were incredibly slow this year!

~Mac
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mac22, I think finding good late deals in general is difficult these days, the last really good one I had as a single was 4 years ago!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mac22, naming and shaming would be helpful please Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27, Apline Elements were poor in particular. Was told "call back tomorrow" by office bod!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep, having travelled least year with Alpine Elements, that fits with my view of their standard of "customer service".
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Yep, having travelled least year with Alpine Elements, that fits with my view of their standard of "customer service".

I was on the verge of booking with them at one stage for La Plagne but then found it cost slightly less to DIY it with flights from Newcastle rather than Manchester.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RichardB, exactly the same for us!

£30 supplement for Manchester. Now flying from Newcastle on 5th. 20mins in taxi >>> 3 hours drive to Gangchester!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac22, its too bad I'm flying on the Sunday, could have met you on the same flight!

Have a good time in Meribel but be careful in the afternoon on the south side slopes back into town, very icy no matter how good the conditions are! Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichardB wrote:
sugarmoma666 wrote:

I was on the verge of booking with them at one stage for La Plagne but then found it cost slightly less to DIY it with flights from Newcastle rather than Manchester.

Avoid AE like the plague, their brochures are NOTHING like what you actually get. Only one experience, small cold over-crowded chalet and you were nothing more than an incovinience to the staff, absolutely dire.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah yes, AE are previous offenders on here I think.

We can expect their boss to retort shortly with 'their version of the truth' if things run to form
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went with AE to Les Gets a few years back.... got a cheap, late deal towards the end of the season.

The accomodation was a typical low-cost chalet/hotel - decor tired, a bit smelly on the stairs from all the wet boots, facilities useable but nothing like home. Food was the butt of many joked through the week with the two guys me and the wife hooked up with - it kept us in fits of laughter at what was promised but what was actually delivered.

The staff were great though, good to chat with and knowledgeable about the resort.

When I booked I found all sorts of horror stories on the web but in the end, despite it not exactly being five star quality, we had a good trip. Not sure I'd book with them again though...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
...and then there is the one with a Spanish name that never answers email queries, this year was no exception...mind you have never succeeded in travelling with them although everyone says they are excellent.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mac22, we use Alpine Answers to book our holiday, great service, very informative web site, nice people. We have also used Silverski who have superb customers service.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy