Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryan Air are a shower of bar stewards....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
flangesax, You are the Ryanair of chalet owners and I claim my £5 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
marmotte16,

No I don't and it simply serves to highlight the silliness on an insistence of always sticking to the rules, always, no matter what, IE they can't complain as it's in the rules.

I disagree with Ryan Air and I disagree with malicious reviews (personally I don't leave bad reviews as I am too soft/wimpy and the only companies it seems to harm are small ones and I would rather they don't take a kicking just because as I have had a poor experience)

I don't dislike people just because they disagree with me but it seems that people replying don't seem to understand the meaning of discretion - it DOES mean you can bend/ignore the rules (they are rules, not laws after all and even laws can be applied with discretion in certain circumstances) and the question of where does it stop is simple to answer, it stops where the company decides it stops - if the person in charge on the ground decides that they can let a few kilos go as A. the overall weight is under the allowance and B. It's a trip for sick kids and you can make a small difference there and then, to someones well being.

Mr Piehole,

Have a heart, I realise you may have lived at the bottom of a damn and only eaten tiny little pebbles and walked up hill (in both directions) to school but not everyone is as hard as you, I am not advocating "giving free stuff to ill people", or suggesting that anyone's policy should be "we agree to waive these T&Cs if you've got cancer" Let's keep it civil, I am sure you are a lovely person but let's keep the jibes about 'cancer freebies' (I assume you are referring to the children with terminal illness when you do this) to a minimum or maybe leave it out all together?

I still think discretion could have been shown and I doubt whether anything can change my mind but then again, I may well be wrong as I am a soft hearted wimp.

And I fly Ryan Air when it suits but this does make me question my future choices but I can say, if I saw this taking place in front of me, I would get involved.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
davidhammy wrote:
Pretty surprised by the reactions by some on here but it is a forum and it's interesting to note the reaction of others; a little sympathy dotted around a general malaise with a school masterly reaction "So what if it's sick children, they were aware of the rules".

Maybe I am too sensitive but I still find it hard to stomach - and having a very quick quick browse of their (the foundation in charge of the trip) website it's clear these kids didn't just have a cold......and I would expect anyone with a little decency to show a little discretion owing to the circumstances - they are rules, not laws so they can be bent or waived if necessary but they weren't, even for children awarded a trip to give them and their loved ones some respite from their terminal illnesses.

The rules certainly were bent a little.

They wouldn't normally have allowed people to repack among a large party like that, they would just have charged the excess.

You are complaining that they were "made to" repack at check in.

The Ryanair POV is, quite reasonably, that they were "given the opportunity to" repack in order to avoid excess charges (which would have been quite a bit).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude B wrote:
Most of RA's rules are purely designed to make them more money!

Which is why this one was a "good" thing not the "bad" thing being portrayed by the OP.

They allowed the party to juggle stuff around to avoid the charges that would have made money for RA.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I still think people should be weighed with their luggage and pay according to their combined weight

+1, then kids, sick or not, could take some extra socks.

Meanwhile, the baggage rules should be consistently enforced and apply to everyone. I wish all air operators would enforce clear baggage rules. Would make travel fairer and more pleasant all round. The cr*p some people try to carry onto planes is just ridiculous. then they jam so much of it in the overhead lockers that there's no room for my coat.

Evil or Very Mad

And why should anyone be shocked or disapproving if a commercial company sets out to make money? Puzzled Flying was much less affordable in the days of "national carriers" losing pots of money.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
And why should anyone be shocked or disapproving if a commercial company sets out to make money?

Because in these circumstances they are kids.
Who have terminal illnesses.
And it's Christmas.

But just call me an old softie rolling eyes .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
But a 50 year old adult getting on a plane could also be suffering from a terminal illness. And as pointed out above, Ryanair didn't set out here to provide anything other than the standard terms and conditions. It sounds as though whoever was responsible for organising the whole thing did a poor job. I would regret the fact that a trip for the kids might have been made less enjoyable, but it wasn't Ryanair's fault. They do what they do. Anyone organising a trip for kids, especially sick kids, needs to get their act together.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
One of my clients booked me on a Ryanair flight from Stanstead to Pisa, there and back in the day. Going out was tolerable...just. Coming back horrendous, we were due to get back at about midnight, firstly the left us queuing at the steps of the aircraft in the pouring rain waiting for them to let us on, second bolt upright seats, no legroom, no seat back storage, couldn't understand a word the cabin crew were saying as they were all East European. Tried to get some sleep as I'd been on the 6:30 flight that morning and it had become a bit of a long dat, plus I had over an hour's drive once back in UK. I got. Tapped on the shoulder twice by the attendant during the flight back, bearing in mind this was gone midnight, to wake me up to ask me if I wanted to buy a fecking scratch card. Evil or Very Mad
We landed 30 minutes late, still got the pay fanfare though, then we had a 45 minute wait on the aircraft as they didn't have enough staff to open the arrival gate, then another 45 minute wait at passport control.

Would I ever fly Ryanair again, would I Be Nice please!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I suppose if you're sub 40yo,fit,kid-less, a bit skint (or tight) and not heading anywhere on the map for a very short trip, Ryanair are the guys to use. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It would have been quite amusing if one Mum had packed her little stash of dope in another's bag in the 'exchange' ....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have one simple rule for Ryanair, I don't!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

And I fly Ryan Air when it suits

the price of principles too high?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Spyderman wrote:
Tapped on the shoulder twice by the attendant during the flight back, bearing in mind this was gone midnight, to wake me up to ask me if I wanted to buy a fecking scratch card. Evil or Very Mad

You reminded me of a flight I was on....a passenger actually won something with their ruddy scratch card, called a crew member via the call bell who couldn't understand the basic English (or the simple gesticulations/pointing at the card). Then, saved by the flight crew announcing imminent arrival, she shrugged and left the passenger Laughing

Last time I laughed out loud as the cabin crew were so busy selling scratch cards that they had to abandon the tea trolley round and run with it seconds before landing.

Yes, I have had the odd normal flight with them. As I said earlier, I would sooner stick my hand in a fire than book a flight for ANYONE with special needs with Ryanair. Aer Lingus fares are normally pretty competitive and they fly the route in question.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marmotte16 wrote:
Aer Lingus fares are normally pretty competitive and they fly the route in question.

And could very easily end up being owned by Ryanair soon - what's their shareholding? About 35%?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Simple facts are read the T&Cs & if you don't like then speak to customer services or go elsewhere. I flew to Dublin a few years ago on a golf trip with family & friends, they charged me for my golf clubs yet failed to put them on the plane. when we arrived they said they would be on the next flight 6 hours later ....great I was teeing off @ the K Club @ lunchtime.

However when they realised where we were staying they wouldn't send them on as it was outside of their district Sad we had to pay €60 for a cab to drop them off...awesome service!

But I would say if they are that bothered about weight lets group customers together with their {this winds me up with what paople take on board as hand luggage} luggage & weigh them & charge accordingly ..that would be funny!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy