Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bardonnecchia off piste

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have the option of a trip to Bardonnechia in March but am wondering if it is a bit too 'intermediate' for my tastes? I'd like a bit of easy off piste and some challenging black type skiing, nothing too gnarly but more than just cruising motorways for a week. Anyone have any experience of the place and it's challenges?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went in 2006. It was late March. The skiing was limited and nothing particularly challenging. Maybe this could have been down to the weather being quite hot so runs shut. Don't let this put you,off though. Had a really chilled week. The umbrella bar at the bottom of the main chair gave free pizza. We dropped in for a quiet afternoon pint and stayed the afternoon on free pizza and beer. It is not far to Val Frejus through the tunnel which was good for a day.

If the place is your only option, then it is always the best option to go IMO
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Swiss Toby, im heading out there tomorrow, not sure how much off piste i'll be doing as im going with my finance and sisters/brothers-in-law. I'm also worried about the resort being a bit limited.... I can however give you a mini report/answer any questions when I get back next week if that's any help?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks folks. Free pizza sounds appealing! tomb, a report when you get back would be hlepful, thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swiss Toby, went there on my 2nd or 3rd week skiing a few years back and it suited my level well then. But I would say its a bit limited for an advanced or even good intermediate skier. The Jafferau side, a short bus ride away, is quieter and worth doing if you've skied out the main Campo Smith side.

Slopes are a 10 minute bus ride away from the town.

The town has a Piedmont rather than an Italian feel, and I found it a little drab.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swiss Toby, Got back yesterday. Bardonecchia was quite limited although with good snow it should be enough to keep you occupied for a week! Didn't manage to get in any off piste as condition were horrendous! Ice or slushy snow all week and very high temps!

Talking to our instructor there is enough off piste to be had at either side of the mountain on the edges where the pistes finish. Also plenty of tree runs to do.

Lift system is shocking, but because it's not a massively popular resort we never queued for long, even though we were there new years week.

The town it's self is okay. Not amazingly lively but that's not what I was there for. There seems to be a few nice coffee houses which we spent most of our time in.

Do you have any questions in particular??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swiss Toby, Sestriere/Sauz d'Oulx are reasonably close and offer some good off piste skiing which seems largely untouched. Valfrejus and another couple of options through the tunnel.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone. It looks like the Bardonecchia option is not an option any more so I don't need to make a decision. Thanks for the info though, useful for the future.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy