Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica Cruise 100

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys, after my first ever fitting session we (me and the fitter) found that the above boot to be the most comfortable.

Now the reason im on here telling your wonderful people this is I wondered if anyone had any experience with this boot or brand. I being a noobie have not really heard of this brand of boot so wondered what you guys could tell me about it.

Also he suggest that because of my foot shape (extremely flat and wide) I should invest in a pair of footbeds molded to my feet. Although this seemed pretty good I couldnt help thinking that £50 was quiet a lot for a glorified insole (as I call them). Also the footbeds he had me try the boots with weren't uncomfortable in the first place anyway so im wondering if there is any point in me spending some extra money for molded ones. Another part of me thinks that shall I get the footbeds else where. I mean I know the boot fits and I know that they are really comfortable so shall I try and save a few pennies and get them elsewhere on the net.

Anyway, I really do appreciate all the advice that you guys give. I hopefully will have a wonderful holiday and be able to post a few pics.

Cheers guys

Ski Noobie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have just had new boots fitted properly and dropped from Mondo 29 to a 27.5!!!

My previous two pairs of boots ( bought new on e-bay ) i did not ski with footbeds, skiid at least 8 seasons in them ( two weeks per season )

My newly properly fitted boots i also have NO FOOTBED specially fitted,

I have wide foot collapsed arches, i am in Head adapt Edge 100's

I would suggest you ski in the new boot first, and if after a weeks skiing you feel you still want footbeds, you can get them then. A proper pair of decent ski socks is as important ( Thorlo's are good)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers mate. Thorlo's look good. What type in particular do you have?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
These and 1 pair at £7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251198187037?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Custom footbeds are great if done well. At the risk of preaching to the converted your boots are the most important part of your equipment, a decent footbed will mean your feet are supported in the best position for skiing, which will mean your feet can communicate with your skis far more efficiently(and comfortably for longer)
Stock (supplied with the boot) liners offer very little support for your arches which means even if you can't notice it your feet will be spreading out and possibly rolling over within the boot, without noticing you will be adjusting the way you ski to compensate for that.
£50 (the cost of a private lesson) is a small price to pay for the massive improvement in comfort/longevity/performance you could well achieve by getting them.
I too have very flat/wide/weird feet, I wear custom orthotics in all my shoes, until I got them I had no idea how much difference they would make, my knees no longer ache, I get less cramp and lower back strain too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
i bought a pair from surefoot in val last year .fitted with orthotics and custom liner . i have haglunds syndrome as well as wide feet .the boots suit me well as i have little flex in my ankles . very easy to put on take off. custom liner holds forefoot and heel superbly .
snow report
 cran
cran
A few years ago I paid 90€ for custom footbeds on recommendation of some guy at Sole Boot Labs in Chamonix and they were crap. Apart from the fact that he made them 2cm shorter than my boot and told me that was ok, they just hurt my feet and after a few days of trying to get used to them I had to take them out and put the originals back.

Biggest waste of 90€ I've ever spent.

My current boots Solomon X-Max 120 are great with the stock liners and footbeds.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy