Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Newbie Alert! Off to Verbier in 2 days...

Poster: A snowHead
Crying or Very sad So sorry. I enjoyed your initial post, its always nice to see a newbie full of enthusiasm and clearly you were enjoying it. Try to make the best of it and there's always next year to look forward to.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sad Sad At least you're young and fit enough that you should recover pretty quickly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice sock . . .
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, there are another 31 where that came from Toofy Grin
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Claude B, I need 5 news ones, I'll keep an eye on the classifieds forum Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Learning to ski, everything was going great, hadn't stacked it once. Went over a mound and for some reason my right ski just came off. Stacked it and my left ski didn't come off, dug in and ripped my foot around. Lots of swearing and hobbling thereafter.

Going to try and get on the slopes before the end of the holiday. Just massively angry since I have no idea why my right ski came off, I didn't do anything wrong, even my instructor said it was a bizarre accident.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ryan_w, Sorry to see this - did you keel over in shock when paying the bill for those premium brands Puzzled
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not fussed about the financial side of things, just gutted about missing out while everyone else is out having fun!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ryan_w, that's really bad luck, and sounds as though something went wrong with the ski binding. Sometimes if you jam your foot in the binding with a lot of snow on the bottom of your ski boot, it sorts of clicks in, but isn't really properly held. I hope your injury gets the best treatment and that you recover quickly. And that it doesn't put you off skiing - it was indeed a freak accident. Same kind of thing happened to a little lad in our family - on his second run down, fell on a gentle green run, greenstick fracture of lower leg - the doctor said it looked as though his leg had smacked down on the edge of the ski. Then three days before his next ski holiday, the following year, he broke his ankle playing with his mates in the playground - jumped off a low wall, landed awkwardly. So only a bit of toboganning for him that time. This time he had a great time, thankfully, no injuries.

Can you get around with crutches, or are you confined to barracks?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ryan_w, Poor you.....that is such a bummer, try not to spend too much in the Verbier shops instead. Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ryan_w, nah - I'm pulling your leg mate - at least you will be able to drown your sorrows. I've been in the same boat myself and I am sure there are a few others on this forum that have too. Oh is that fruit on the table for personal consumption or for the other guests - just an observation or some would say, food for thought. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm able to apply pressure on it, I just can't move it from side to side without serious discomfort.
I've played rugby on a similar injury before, so I'm going to rest it tomorrow and see what Thursday brings.... Not trying to be a hero but I can't stay in this chalet for the next 5 days!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm justifying the alcohol with eating a piece of fruit between drinks Wink haha
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ryan_w, ha ha - I was thinking food hygiene, you don't want to get a dose of deli belly that would be the icing on the cake. If your feet are anything like mine they will be a haven for various micro organisms that could cause problems. Going green
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ryan_w, what was your instructors first name?

Got a strange feeling here....an instructor I know rather well (my daughter!) was telling me of a client yesterday, first time man, athletic type, was getting on really well but took an unusual and akward fall at the end of the lesson and had to hobble off.

I wonder.....
ski holidays
snowbandit wrote:
Ryan_w, ha ha - I was thinking food hygiene, you don't want to get a dose of deli belly that would be the icing on the cake. If your feet are anything like mine they will be a haven for various micro organisms that could cause problems. Going green

And hovering over the fruit basket Toofy Grin
snow report
Is your daughter called Eve from Guildford? A very pretty 18 year old? (don't tell my Mrs) lol...

If so, she was an excellent instructor for someone so young.
latest report
Ryan_w, that's gutting - was looking forward to hearing about how you found it Sad
ski holidays
Ryan_w, 99% correct....spelt Eva!

Wow, talk about small world.

She has availabilty on Friday and Saturday....phone the office!
snow report
So sorry to read this. I ruptured my ACL a number of years back (thankfully no other damage alongside it) I can only sympathise.
latest report
Ryan_w, sorry to hear...what a mare!
snow report
Ryan_w, Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
is this the most complicated troll ever?

if not Sad
ski holidays
Troll?! Behave!

Managed to stomach enough pain killers today to get a boot on and went up into the mountains with the Mrs.
Did a long blue run all the way down snowploughing the entire way! My left ankle in so weak I was finding it hard to turn etc and I was fully cacking my pants for the first half.

After a beer in a bar to calm me down, the second half of the decent was much better and I was significantly quicker but still snowploughing a LOT!

I need to learn how to stop properly and get out of the snowploughing rut.

Still, I've now been skiing for a total of 4 hours and I managed to get down a mountain.

It's just massively frustrating for me since my ankle is holding me back. Hopefully by Saturday it'll be a little stronger for my last days skiing.

Ryan Very Happy
snow report
gilo, troll?

I can verify that my lass (a very infrequent snowHead, Eva-Peva) was the instructor when Ryan_w had his accident.

If you are still working for ES keep a look out for her, she is the blonde with a blue helmet working for NewGen.
I think you knew her brother (Stefan) who worked for ES three seasons ago.

Ryan_w is unlucky....but no troll!
snow conditions
rungsp, is that the same Stefan that's now with Warren?
snow report
Returned home today and already suffering from the holiday blues!Sad

Even with my accident, I managed to get 4 days skiing in. Yesterday was amazing and even with the hinderance of my ankle, I managed to complete a black run on the way down to Medran. Was soooo chuffed with myself and I can't wait for my ankle to heal and get back out there in 4-6 weeks time!

I'm still very much the novice but I think my mentality helped me more than my basic skill set would allow. I just kept talking out loud what I had to do to get down the mountain. Onlookers probably thought I was mad but it really helped me out!

I'll upload some pics of my trip once they're all on the computer.

Cheers all,

Ryan
snow report
Ryan_w wrote:
Onlookers probably thought I was mad but it really helped me out!

No argument at this end wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ryan_w, good on you! All downhill from here...(in a good way) Very Happy
snow report
hedley wrote:
Dont buy

Rent your gear this time

Buy next time when youve had more time to make the right choices.Last minute boot fitting is not advisable.

Boita'skis on the way up to Medran are very very helpful well located and will normally throw in locker hire for the week. Ask for Tamara.

Youve left it late though fella.one of the busiest weeks of the year.

If your Mrs is an ex instructor then fair enough,she should be giving you the best advice.Being too adventurous for your ability can get you in big trouble in Verbier so be careful and show massive respect for the mountain and the other skiers around you by being sensible.

Oh and make sure you get insured and add the extra 'carte neige' insurance onto your lift pass.

Skiing aside Verbier will be very busy ,take lots of wad and enjoy the Apres wink

Let us all now how you get on.

I will be there on 24th cant wait....

I am glad you managed to salvage something out of the holiday after your initial enthusiasm for the trip,I felt awful when i realised you had had an accident after warning you to be careful..

Hey Ho weve all been there, coming home bruised and battered, a lot lighter in the pocket.

Glad to see your not letting it put you off though.
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, nope
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy