Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to go , skiing/apres ski 50:50

Poster: A snowHead
hi , have got this question for one month already , got holidays booked at work for last week of january, but cant make my mind of where to go, i am average level skier and my mrs is beginner boarder, apres ski is as important as good runs so I have narrowed my options down to few,

zell am see - like layout but whats the apres ski like?
les deux alpes - same, like the layout of slopes but is apres ski any good?

haven been to any of them so suggestions and other options are welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zell's area is quite small, the apres is OK but nothing to write home about. L2A, skiing's OK but no more, apres dull. If you want good skiing and world class apres its got to be Austria. You won't beat St. Anton or Iscghl for a combination of both but neither ideal for beginners and Ischgl is expensive. Alternatively, you won't go wrong with Saalbach or Mayrhofen.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Corky, Seconded for Saalbach, Mayrhofen good but that first uplift and no ski back to village prevents a return.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hm is les 2 alpes really that bad?
i checked saalbach and theres no good value accomondation available there for dates that I planned to go, so what is mayrhofen like ?
any other suggestions?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ediot, L2A has a bar at 2600 which belts out music until the lifts close. There is apres music most evenings in Smokey Joes. There are loads of bars and a late night nightclub. However I have to agree that it doesn't touch Austria, most French resorts don't.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
did some reading and looks like mayrhofen is way to go Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ediot, what dates are you looking at? By the way welcome to snowheads. Stick around. Chalet Tatman has well located accommodation in Saalbach plus others.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks , im looking at 26th january +- and I am planning to drive as its easier getting around if I have a car .
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you wish to send a personal message to Chalet Tatman to discuss your requirements if you would prefer Saalbach but are put off by the prices. His place has a parking space which is a consideration in ski villages and can add to your holiday costs. Once there no need to use your car, plus in Saalbach it is probably best to avoid driving a vehicle for a week if you like your apres. wink

Not averse to Mayrhofen just prefer Saalbach.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ediot, Saalbach definately a better option than Mayrhofen.

I'm amazed that you can't find accommodation at a reasonable price for the end of January. Try the Chalet Enzian, Norika or Michaela if you want catered, or use the tourist office booking service (www.saalbach.com) who will email you a list of options.

As for driving, there is no need for a car in Saalbach - all of the main lifts are in the centre of the village and within a few minutes walk of most of the accommodation. Having a car will however open your accommodation options even more. so you could stay in Viehofen or Lengau and drive in to Saalbach each day - but this doesn't sit well with your requirement for 50% apres ski. The beer and gluhwein is very strong and the Polizei are on the main road every evening with their breathalizers. Better to fly to Salzburg, then taxi/Holiday Shuttle to Saalbach (see numerous other threads or Saalbach.com for more info)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ive provisonaly booked myself a place in Mayrhofen, with a possibility to cancel the booking until 5th January. What is so bad about Mayrhofen and so good about Saalbach then?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i am starting to p!"s off myself Very Happy thanks to quinton advice I found a reasonably priced accomondation in Saalbach so I dont know where to go Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ive been to both and saalbach is much better!! both skiing and apres,
but not if you take account of the skiing in the whole zillertal valley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ediot, Give us some more info, age, more about your level.
For your partner in Saalbach the nursery slopes are right in the middle of the village and the next step up is also easily accessed just off the main pedestrian street by a short lift (elevator). Mayrhofen it is a long lift up to any of the nursery slopes, none in the village.
If she is in lessons in the centre you can have a blast around a good range of slopes (3 separate sections) which come back to town to meet up again when she is done/ for lunch in Saalbach.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
age 28 , level i would say between beginner and intermediate lol, she wont be going on nursery slopes anymore I reckon, so good and wide blues are big advantage. at the moment only thing thats keeping me away from Saalbach is that according to information found on internet nightlife is better in Mayrhofen . Stupidly confusing lol
snow conditions
^ I doubt that very much!
ski holidays
Stop fretting, you won't go wrong with either. Both good with excellent nightlife.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy