Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boot problem

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Evening all,

I recently bought some new ski boots and had a heel lift placed in the right boot because I felt a bit of movement in this boot. However, the top of my right foot (mainly along a line directly from the middle of my big toe) is now painful whenever I have the boots on as this part of my foot is pressed against the side of the tongue of the insole.

Does anyone know if anything can be done about this?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd go back to the bootfitter and tell him whats happening since the lift, hopefully he will be able to make an adjustment for you. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
^^^This!

Go back to the boot-fitter.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Question: did you have the heel lift put in, or was it put in by the bootfitter after explaining what the problem was??

Either way.. get thee to a fitter of boots
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I told the boot fitter (at snow and rock) I had a bit too much room in the back of my right boot and I didn't really have anywhere near what I would describe as adequate control of the right ski. He then suggested a heel lift and in the shop the boot fit a lot better. It was when I was walking around at home that the boot started to hurt.

I took the heel lift out which did relieve the pressure point somewhat but then I went back to the boot not being the best fit.

Does anyone know if this is likely to be an easily fixable problem? Its a shame as the left boot fits like a glove!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I should also add I have about a third more flex in the right boot also - which was the same for the numerous different types of boots I tried.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boot is the wrong shape. Heel lifts increase effective length within the shell. Heel /ankle needs additional padding to hold rear foot in position.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks very much for this - Do you know if this is an easily solvable problem? I'm going sking on 12th Jan and would like to have sorted it by then!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'd go to a proper boot fitter, rather than 'just' a shop. Not sure where you're based, but there's good fitters all over the country. You could even get it looked at in resort if there's a good fitter there
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy