Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help me make sense of skiing goggles please!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Orange, blue, yellow, transparent, rainbow, grr! Color is supposed to help you see better in bad weather conditions, but my orange goggles do the opposite, and I only wear them as protection. Yellow should be good, I think, is it? I'm guessing its not only the color, but also quality of the glass? How do you pick goggles that will really improve visibility and don't get foggy?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yellow or grey are good for bad light and everyday use perhaps with mirrored sheet for sunny days, but it depends on your preference; like all those before you one has to waste money on finding what suits your eyes.
I would stick to known brands in the pricey end to make sure they protect and are antifog; two lens minimum, make sure they fit your face shape and your peripheral vision is not impaired. And never buy Oakley's
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use the Bolle nova, modulator lenses which are pretty good in everything from flat light to bright sunshine. The lenses are photochromic so change tint with the brightness.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Why never buy Oakley's out of interest?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I always use double lens goggles as they don't fog up - mine a Uvex, 99p on ebay and are excellent.

the main reason for wearing goggles is to stop snow getting in your eyes / behind the lens when it's snowing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I bought a cheap pair of goggles a few years ago, they were very good a making the edges of my vision appear to curve upwards. Resulted in some interesting, urm, moves (my excuse anyway!).

Now have some in resort bought (unnamed) goggles they fog up a treat, humpf. Time for a more sensible purchase, but I'm also wondering about the lens colour......

I wear goggles to stop my contact lenses drying out!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
marina_v, The FIRST reason for wearing goggles is UV (in all wavelengths) protection. Your eyes are precious. The higher you go the greater the need and sun-glasses are not the same, there's a lot of reflected light that is equally damaging that can get past sunnies.

Look to protection values, here's just one source http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/goggles.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got oakleys and Uvex. Both work perfectly well. The Oakleys have a lighter tint than the Uvex so use them in poorer light conditions than the uvex, which I wear when it's sunny
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
marina_v, i use Scott's with a transition lens, this is my third pair and the best so fare, my last where Jublo with orange lenses, the Scott's are great and react quite quickly to the changing light conditions, http://www.vision3k.com/scott-ski-goggles.asp
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy