Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When shopping is done right...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now i hate shopping as much as the next person, but I have just ordered some skis from Jon (spyderjon) at the Piste Office and it was a total joy. He took the time to talk me through the ski options, the pro and cons, asking me questions about my sking style, locations and ambitions etc...then we moved on to binding options and what not to buy as well as giving me a few options to think about - even recommended some skis that he didn't stock as he thought I might like them - good old fashion service and knowledge. He then did some phoning around to find a shipper that could guarantee to get them to me on time. I never once felt that he was trying to "sell" skis to me, more like a good friend making sure I made the right choice regardless of where I purchased them from!

Ended up splashing the cash and going for a two ski quiver of Whitedot Redeemers 190cm and 189cm Preachers mounted with Marker Dukes (due to me size!) on quiver killers. I think the redeemers will scare me a bit for the first few runs, but really looking forwards to spending the season on them both...

I will do a review soon, although I will tell you now it I be biased as I just bought them.... there's no way I'm not going to love them!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow BenAS, , sounds like you're going to have some fun!!

Did you visit the Piste Office in person or did you do this all by phone?

I look forward to your review. What was it that sold the Whitedots to you? I have never tried them (I tend to use atomic) - indeed you hardly ever see them in use.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All done via the phone, I was sold by all the good stories of the Piste Office and Jon on here, so I didn't feel the need to go up. I also had a feel of he WhiteDot at Ellis Brigham in Covent Garden so I knew what I was getting to a certain extent. It is nice to by from someone that clearly has a passion for the sport.

I'll let you know how I get on when I get the skis on the white stuff... Jan 2nd will be the first day!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You will love the preachers.

A great one ski quiver.

Surprisingly able on piste too..for the girth. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BenAS wrote:
... I never once felt that he was trying to "sell" skis to me, more like a good friend making sure I made the right choice regardless of where I purchased them from!...

High quality bloke. CEM is another.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy