Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Once again, some suggestions please.

Poster: A snowHead
I'm booking a late availability deal for next week. It's for me, a friend who has skied five weeks, and an absolute beginner.

I've been to Espace Killy and St Anton a bit too much recently, and I'm looking for some suggestions of an area that is easily reached, has skiing for all levels, and has good apres ski. I'm having a bit of a mental block at the moment so all suggestions are gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer,

I thought I replied to this but can't find the thread. Get a flight to Basel or Zurich, then train and hit Engelberg..

Meet you in the Yucatan for a beer, there should be a few of us...!!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kramer, Serre Chevalier should meet all your skiing requirements, I have always been en famille so no idea about the apres but meant to be OK.

If not how about Kitzbuhel, never been but the apres is meant to be fantastic and it would seem to have great snow at the moment.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Engelberg is proving quite difficult to find a last minute deal to. Kitzbuhel not so good for an absolute beginner.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kitz if perfect if you want various levels of skiing, plus a lively but quality apres-ski
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Tania has some good deals, decent night life, and a new green run back to resort. Snow is much better now.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, we have space in Le Mouflon for next week if we can tempt you to La Rosiere, conditions are great at the moment, see PG's photos in the snow reports thread, and we'll do you a good deal. There appear to be some good deals on fights to Geneva next sunday as well.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Again , never been to either but Megeve or Saalbach/ Hinterglemm are both enjoying good snow conditions at the moment and sound pretty good places to ski/apres ski.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megeve - St Gervais should be a good bet with the snow that has been falling this last week, piste's were good on the 24th, so can only have got better. Good ski area for all levels of skiers. Only downside can be the price's, but you may get a good last minute deal.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer,

Easyjet via Luton to Basel, train to Engelberg, about 2.5 hrs and a stop for 90eu. Pick you hotel, the Cathrin is the nearest to the main lift. 3*'s should be around 90eu.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok then, I've booked. Had a little trouble finding flights, so ended up going to Zermatt. Very Happy
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Kramer, Ah variety is the spice of life Laughing . SD?. or slumin it?

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 3-01-06 20:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, crystal - the finest, so not quite Scott Dunn, but I'll let you know.

It'll be interesting to see how the two compare, because this holiday was an absolute steal price wise (£334 all in for a week in a catered chalet). I'm expecting that it'll be around about Mark Warner level of luxury.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer,

I hope you are that lucky but I would be surprised if it was..

It will be interesting as I would normally have placed Crystal below Thompson... Only been on one MW chalet hol' and it was a very good, and lucky, choice.

But for that price you really cant argue with it... Enjoy.. Hope the snow is good..!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer,

Is Zermatt OK for the beginner in your group? I'm sure I have read elsewhere that the terrain there was pretty severe.
snow conditions
Red Leon, the only thing wrong with Zermatt for beginners is that there aren't any easy runs down to the resort, so they'll have to catch the lifts back down. The glacier run from Klein Matterhorn to Trockener Steg is probably the single widest flattest run I've ever seen - it's virtually impossible on a snowboard, or in wet spring snow to avoid having to skate, so I think it would be fine for beginners. Also at Sunnega there's some easy stuff, and virtually all of Cervinia is flat!
snow report
Red Leon, the beginner in our group couldn't get time off, so no longer an issue.
snow report
JT, at that price to Zermatt, as long as the roof doesn't leak, and the food is edible, then I reckon we're ahead of the game. After all, in Zermatt, the food at lunch is so good, you don't need to eat in the evening.
snow report
Kramer, Stayed in a Crystal Chalet in Austria last year about same price but not a late deal so if you add in the Zermat factor I think you on a winner accommodation will be fine it just depends on how well they can cook.
snow report
Looks like Crystal - The Finest was Simply Ski previously
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy