Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maria Alm - Childrens Ski School - Natrun or Arberg base

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

We are off to Maria Alm for the first time at half term and I will be booking group lessons for my children ( age 5 - this will be 2nd week skiing) and age 8 ( passed ESF 3 star).
I am trying to decide whether to book the lessons on the Natrun mountain or the Arberg station. Will need both children in the same place !
We are staying in the centre of Maria Alm and will ski from the Arberg area ourselves as think Natrun will be too limited ( we like to travel when on skis and usaully go to the 3 Vallees so used to doing Courcheval to Val Thorens).
Based on the above I was thinking that Arberg station would be the obvious choice but if moving between Natrun and Arberg is easy on skis then would consider Natrun if it would be quieter.

If anyone knows the are please could you let me know. We will have a car but have no idea how easy it is to find a parking space so was expecting to use the ski bus

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Natrun will not be intimidating for the kids, the runs go into town. There's a red run from the top of Natrun to the Aberg base, but you need to catch a bus back. (It's only 10 mins tops). As you said the skiing on Natrun is a bit limited, so I would recommend Aberg if the kids are happy getting the gondola up to the mid station for lessons.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Snowheads...Glad I found this thread. We are 2 families heading to Maria Alm at the end of March (flying out Saturday 29th) for a week. I'm currently trying to book beginner ski lessons for 3 kids age 7, 7 and 5 and I'm struggling. We only want a couple of hours a day and Mayer Ski School offers this but it is 4km from Maria Alm. So I guess my question is can anyone recommend a ski school in Maria Alm and would you recommend ski school at Aberg or Natrun? Cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, we visited Maria Alm in March of last year, with our son age 5. We had the same quandary before we left but ended up leaving arrangements in the hands of the small ski company that looked after us while we were there. He was booked into the skischule edelwiss at Natrun). From a logistics point of view in the morning it was great as we only had to walk up to ski school together to drop him off, no need for ski bus first thing in the morning. From there we either took the lift to the top of Natrun and skied over to Aberg to access the wider area or we got bus / lift over to Aberg (NBC you can't ski back from Aberg)At the other end of the day it was slightly less relaxed as we had to get to Aberg base and leave enough time for ski bus or lift back to Natrun. On balance we would probably have preferred Aberg as that's where we were skiing most of the time, however, we did really love the little ski area at Natrun, it is small and won't keep you entertained for too long but it's fun, empty and we thought very charming. So worth making the effort to ski there for even just a little bit of your holiday. Ski school at Natrun was great, our first experience of Austrian ski school and our son really enjoyed it. He had only had a week on snow previously so stayed on Natrun, but I think more experienced groups may be taken over to Aberg to ski anyway. Hope this helps. You'll love it there, it's beautiful!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy