Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beginner lift pass Les menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been advised that I need to get a beginner pass for my children's ski lessons.

Does any body know what area this will cover?

Why it is 21 Euro a day compared with the ESF rate of 38.20 for the whole week, and as above what does it cover?

Should I just buy Les Menuires/St Martin passes even though they can't ski , on the basis its only another 50 euro, but at least they can go where ever they want, with me that is.

Any one used Snow Bow?

Any advice would be appreciated, as I want them to enjoy the skiing, and want them to both learn how to ski, and spend time with us skiing.

We will be in Reberty 2000, so I know that the main run to Les Menuires is accessible, and if the beginner pass got them up to 2000 it would suffice.

Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ESF include a ski pass in their beginners class which I assume is the one you are referring to. If this is the one then it is the same as the Les Menuires daily 21 euro Debutants pass with the exception the ESF one also includes Masse 1. The pass will take you back to Reberty 2000, the highest lifts included being Roc 3 Marches 1 and Bruyeres 1.

For complete beginners ESF initially use the one of the six free moving carpets for the first few days and it may be that they have pricing agreed with the lift company on this basis.

Much depends on how fast your children develop, the beginners pass covers a reasonable area, you could always go with ESF and on the last day or two perhaps buy a full area pass if they have progressed enough to need it?

I am not aware of Snow Bow.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I interested in this, if anyone can give me some information on the beginners pass. We are hoping to arrive early on saturday and leave late the following saturday, but due to the way the traffic goes I dont want to prepay for an 8 day family pass as this is a whopping 1250 euros and we could get stuck somewhere. So, what I was interested in, was getting a day pass for jsut Les menuires for the 4 of us IF we get there early enough. is the debutant pass the same and the daily LM pass or is that something different. And where can you buy them? I cant find anything about them anywhere.

also is there any special offers on lift passes, or is it always the same price?

Nia
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could buy day or 4 hour passes for LM for the four of you - no family discount AFAIK. Or pay 24 Euros each for the beginners area. Or use the 7 free lifts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On Saturdays only the Les Menuires lift pass for the full LM ski area is half price when ordered online. The discount is not available from the ski pass office. If you are ordering the six day pass in advance sent to your address then you can load the same lift pass online with the Saturday. You can load it on the day of arrival, if you have internet access, the tourist office has free wifi.
The full 3V is also discounted online on Saturdays by approx 10 euro, not sure what the discount is this coming season.
The debutant pass for LM is 24 euros which is the same price as a half price Saturday LM pass!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you want a full 3V pass for the rest of the week, but are happy to stick to just St Martin / Les Menuires for that day, or whatever is left of it when you arrive, then the Les Menuires online Saturday half price offer is probably worth it. You could consider doing something similar for the last Saturday as well.

But the 3V online Saturday discount probably isn't, as if you then add on a 3V 7-day pass you will end up paying more than just getting a 3V 8-day pass in the first place.

Look online at http://en.lesmenuires.com/winter/ski-snowboard/ski-passes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So... I need a little more help with lift passes. We are a family of 4 - hoping to arrive early sat 11th Feb and get a bit of skiing in on that sat. I can't find any information on the 'beginners pass' - what area it covers and where to buy it.

I know we can buy a half price LM pass if we buy on line... BUT... being half term, we know our plans may get scuppered. So don't want to pay in advance in case we don't make it.

So, could I buy it on my phone when I get there?

Or where do I find the info on the beginners pass.., for the rest of the trip we will get a 3v ticket
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try here: http://en.st-martin-belleville.com/winter/ski-snowboard/ski-passes -see the Easy Rider / Beginner option.

To see which lifts are covered, see here: http://en.st-martin-belleville.com/winter/ski-snowboard/piste-map and click on "Downoad the Beginners Map". The lifts covered by the Beginners pass are listed in the bottom left corner, and are basically those in and around the village itself. Or look at the "pink" area on the map.

The same info should be available somewhere on the Les Menuires webpage - but I find the St Martin site a bit easier to use
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you - so for the same price we could get the half price Lm pass... can I buy that in advance... i.e. On my phone as I arrive? Or does it have to several days in advance?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Saturday online discounted pass can be purchased on the day. You will need a physical lift pass to load it on to. These are free from the ski pass office, unless you have purchased your weekly pass in advance and already have one in which case you can load it on to that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wow thank you! On line it says you can only get the 50 percent discount on the LM day pass if bought in advance. The beginner will be too limited for us.

Does anyone know how much it is to upgrade to a 3v pass if you just have theBellaville one?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
You really need to check out your own situation to work out the best deal on lift prices - because of the different discounts (duo/tribu, age, family deals, saturdays etc), how far you like to ski, which runs you like to ski, whether you have lessons, which resort, etc.

But as a guide, I think 6-day single adult prices are as follows: St.Martin/Les Menuires only: €233; Belleville Valley (i.e. adding Val Thorens and Orelle): €281; full 3 Valleys: €294.

On that basis the Belleville valley pass isn't really worth it if you are staying in St Martin / Les Menuires - you might as well buy the full 3 Valleys pass for an extra €13. Can't find the 1-day 3V extension price from the SM/LM pass, but I would expect it to be around €30-35. If you are going outside the SM/LM zone for a couple of days it is usually worth getting the 3V pass at outset - as well as saving the hassle of buying the extensions.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thank you. That makes sense we will go with the 3 val pass.

So the only confusion is whether we can get the half price sat ticket on the day for Les Menuires (if we are lucky enough to arrive in resort at 10am). Because the website says this price is only available if purchased in advance and on line - which is too risky, incase we get caught up in Half term terror traffic. But another lovely Snowhead has said it is possible to buy this pass for 24 euros each in resort. Can anyone else clarify if this is possible on the day?

Nia
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to add many of my visitors come for 8 days Saturday to Saturday. They normally purchase the LM discounted pass for the Satudays on the day from my apartment, some are fairweather skiers and like to make sure the weather is going to be ok before purchasing! They also buy the 6 day full 3v for the week, no hastle they go where they want and generally do a full 3v trip everyday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy