Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Atomic Theory/Salomon Twenty Twelve/Other?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
6' Advanced-Intermediate here, maybe advanced on a good day! Looking to get some skis for xmas, and I'm looking for advice.

All mountain skis suit my style the best, ideally a one ski quiver. I've been recommended both of these skis, the Theory's in a shop and the 2012's by a friend who is a total ski nut.

My friend thinks that 95mm underfoot (theory) is too big to do much with on a groomed slope, but I hear that this isn't the case anymore?

What do you guys think? Also what length? I hear rockers ski short, so is 177 too small, should I go for the 186 if I am 183cm myself?

Many thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The 186 will skis as about a 176/178 on piste with rocker!

Both epic skis but the 2012 are no longer available their replacement in the Rocker 90 and it is even better than the 2012 which is a really sweet ski.

Both your options do carve on piste and carve well, but require more work and for obvious reasons are a little slower edge to edge than a piste ski. They are best suited to wider turns but will perform short radius no bother. Just don’t expect to be knocking out slalom turns on them Wink

Happy shopping and skiing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the quick reply! I've been looking all over to find the 2012 successor - will look at those later. Do you have any suggestions on where I could buy some 2012's (in the UK ideally)?

If you had to choose the 90's or theory's what would you choose?

Thanks!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought Atomic last season - the Theory is a spectacular ski and at 182cm tall went for the 186. The rocker does make it ski really, really well. I ski mainly off the piste, but haven't had any problems on the groomers. I've no experience of the Salomon but it's hard to find a bad ski these days.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Even for piste days 99% of the time I take my 92mm skis out over my 70-something mm skis. Yeah, on super-hardpacked snow or ice they're not as nice, but I don't really enjoy those conditions on either set. 95mm is not really fat, and certainly not 'too fat.'
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi, I am selling a pair of 2013 Atomic Theories. They have only been skied on for 3 days. I am happy to sell them for £250 with bindings, with any postage/collection costs down to the buyer. Email walshben@live.co.uk if interested!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In your 'other' category I've spotted a brand new pair of Salomon Lords 177cm on fleabay right now. No bindings.

I considered the 2013 Theory's but ended up with a pair of Scott Missions from 2012. Good luck with your search! Agree with others - the Rocker 2 90 2013 seems to be just as great!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Atomic Theories from last season, at 177cm (I am 180cm, 5'11") and I am also at the Advanced-Intermediate/Advanced level

I have found them to be a brilliant ski - they have improved my confidence in the softer stuff no end, and I haven't noticed any difference in the on-piste performance from my older 75mm underfoot skis and they perform very, very well. They are well-priced too from memory, and were the Fall-Line ski of the year 2012.

The only downsides are/were that the graphics seem to scratch fairly easily, although that was partly my own fault while I got used to longer skis, and the twin tips mean that you sometimes have to separate them to get them into some bubble lift carriers. But these are very minor gripes and I am very happy with them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy