Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski boots - based in South Wales

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski boots in South Wales/South West

Still thinking about buying a pair of boots (and still not got round to it). Based in Cardiff, but willing to travel if needs be to get some that fit well. I have funny feet (quite flat feet with really excessive pronation - wear orthotics in shoes). Coyote in Cowbridge is close as is Snow & Rock in Bris'l. Anyone had experience of either?

I also understand that customised footbeds are good (especially for people with wonky feet). Is this right (which I suspect it is from my experience with shoe orthotics)?

Otherwise, it may be a day trip to Bicester.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I recently bought a pair of boots at Coyote in Cowbridge, I found the service far better than I had at Ski Lodge (now closed) in Cardiff 3 years ago for my last boots. I also have mahoosive pronation which I knew about and Coyote picked up on, they installed corrective insoles which make one hell of a difference (My knees don't touch anymore!).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blackavant, cheers. That's quite reassuring. I'll pop down to Coyoti after Xmas. Personally, I never understood why Ski Lodge moved from the Barry Hangar to somewhere dead posh and expensive in the Bay. Oh, well.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm sure the guy who used to own the ski lodge is now working in '2 season' in the city centre.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You're best bet is to take some time when you arrive in resort and purchase boots then. You will invariably find a much better selection of boots and the standard of boot fitter will generally be far higher. A few minutes asking around and you'll soon find the best fitter in town. You can then take your boots back and have adjusted to suit your needs over the duration of your stay. You may even find a bargain as the competition between ski shops in resort is fierce. Try haggling - you'll be surprised at what you can get knocked off.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jimjambadman, dam, i must get more models of boot, and there was me thinking 43+ was enough rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and CEM, you must get more practice and training to get up to the standard of all those in resort fitters........
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ansta1 wrote:
and CEM, you must get more practice and training to get up to the standard of all those in resort fitters........

no point mate, they live in the mountains and do that boot fitting thing for 4 months of the year, doing it all year round i couldn't possibly catch up Shocked
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CEM wrote:
no point mate, they live in the mountains and do that boot fitting thing for 4 months of the year, doing it all year round i couldn't possibly catch up Shocked

Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, Got any NTN tele boots wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, afraid not, Tele is one area of the market which is soooooo small in the Uk we just can't afford the space to put a decent range together as we would have to take other stuff out, no point just doing one boot as a token effort, has to be done properly
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CEM, had to ask wink I will be looking for an NTN/AT boot if I go with the BASI gap course . . . assuming that an AT binding is man enough for the course. 1 Boot for 2 or 3 disciplines . And of course a trip through Bicester for insole and fitting Toofy Grin Have a good season and Merry Xmas.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy