Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh Crap! Ski Socks

Poster: A snowHead
I had a little spring clean of my room a couple of weeks ago. (im 19 so by spring clean I mean throw away stuff I dont want.) And it has occured to me that I may have accidentally thrown away my Ski socks...
Which normally not a huge problem, except im going away next friday and being christmas and all im a tad desperate.

I have found some socks on EdgeAndWax whom are still offering christmas delivery if ordered before tomorrow and wanted your guys opinions on them.

Im still early days in terms of my skiing, (dont own my own boots or skii's yet)
So I guess what im wondering is, should I buy a few pairs of these or just go for some cheaper wooly socks in TKMaxx or something??

Cheers guys.
http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/2155/products/wigwam_snow_mogul_pro_poppy.aspx

Hope it worked...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BigMacB93, How about Decathlon in Reading? Not too far from you.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Get 'em ordered rather than chatting about it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

How about Decathlon in Reading?

Just had a look a thier site, didnt seem to have a great selection of ski socks, With more time I would probably be better off popping into the store and having a look. What I dont want to do is wait until the weekend and visit the store, for them to have nothing suitable then not have enough time to order anything.

Tiger2, Think I may just do that..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BigMacB93, Bracknell has literally no ski shops you could pop into? Sounds unlikely for a town with a dryslope!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BigMacB93, My local TKMax had excellent PHD Smartwool ski socks for £7.99 per pair the other day, even if they don't have those they usually have something decent.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Carters in Reading will sell decent socks if Decathlon isn't what you want. I'd pop into the Reading TKMaxx, and if that is no good then go to Carters. I got some nice stuff including socks in Bournemouth the other day. Failing that Edge & Wax are a great place to buy from.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TK Maxx in Slough were selling £18 Columbia thinsulate socks the other day reduced to £9 in a wide variety of sizes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
there's a ski shop in wokingham
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Picked up a pair of some nice and thin Salomon Impact socks in TK Max in Brent Cross on Saturday. Made Primark look like Selfridges.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Neville wrote:
there's a ski shop in wokingham

There's probably one or a few in the resort in which the OP is going skiing as well.... rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mr Piehole wrote:
BigMacB93, Bracknell has literally no ski shops you could pop into? Sounds unlikely for a town with a dryslope!

There is a millets in the town center and a sportsworld but in terms of an actual ski shop, there is only the shop located at the slope, which if memory serves host's ridiculous prices.

Well it seems a trip to reading town center would not go a miss this weekend.
Thanks everybody, most helpful as per ususal.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Thu 20-12-12 12:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
shoogly wrote:
There's probably one or a few in the resort in which the OP is going skiing as well.... rolling eyes

I am going to Tignes, so almost Definitly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

and a sportsworld

Is that "sports direct", here the one in town sells bridgedale socks.
If not, get yourself a couple of pairs in TKMaxx anyway to keep going and guess what, Tignes has one or two shops that sell ski socks, surprise surprise. (at a price Twisted Evil )
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TK maxx all the way. Screw paying £20 per pair of socks. I got some salomon ones for £5 / pair. They're great.
ski holidays
Aldi have ski socks on todays special buys http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_28331.htm
ski holidays
ymh wrote:
Aldi have ski socks on todays special buys http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_28331.htm

Thanks for the heads up - a trip to the nearest Aldi is on the cards for me Very Happy
snow report
skidoodle wrote:
ymh wrote:

Thanks for the heads up - a trip to the nearest Aldi is on the cards for me Very Happy

Just realised they hit the store yesterday, which means there won't be any left Sad
ski holidays
Aldi ski socks - Made from 'Virgin wool'. Nothing better than slipping it into a virgin.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy