Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on selling Atomic Theory skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm wondering if anyone can help me.
I purchased a pair of Atomic Theory 2013 skis in November due to their effusive reviews. However, I was told by a number of BASI trainers that the skis were too fat for me and hindering my development on-piste. Thus they have only been skied on for 3 days.

Is it possible to transfer the bindings to a new narrower ski, and would it be more cost effective to sell the skis without the bindings? Also, where is the best place to advertise them? I would be grateful for your advice.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben2012, what are your stats, ht. wt. etc. and are L1 or L2 BASI suplicant.

You're right, they get rave reviews for pretty much all conditions but it's possible that you've yet to have the skills to best them. If you take the bindings off I'd be tempted but I'm a weirdie free heeler. Your best chance of selling is with the bindings but the sad news is . . . skis depreciate faster than a fast thing and even new they are already being discounted on line. If it's just to do your BASI training then look to get a second hand set of narrower skis off fleaBay of the classifieds here to put you through your skills development and bring out the Theories when you're ready for them.

Edit: look on-line from the german etc ski discounters they sometimes split sell skis and bindings, if yours are rail mounted then other Atomic skis will accept your bindings.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ben2012, Theory too fat for BASI on piste training and for exam, I turned up years ago on a 89 and a max width ruling was introduced after I passed (PK said they would anyway).
Sell them with bindings put them on here Buy sell and exchange for around £250 should sell, however I would buy some cheap SLs for training and keep the theorys to get your O/P up to speed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much you wanting for them. My mate was after some but never bought in summer now reluctant to pay full price was going to wait again. but I think ha may go @ £225 or so.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your kind replies! I was on a BASI 2 course and just needed a ski that was a little easier to get on the edges . Based on your advice, I am happy to sell them for £250 with bindings, with any postage/collection costs down to the buyer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will have a word with my mate. Where abouts are you? Cheers
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy