Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All day ski school - bah humbug

Poster: A snowHead
Booked a holiday with Crystal in Risoul. Brochure and website said that lessons would be for half day. New brochure now saying that lessons will be full day. Grrrr. We do not want full day lessons. Any problem with only joining lessons in the morning (apart from having to move down a group if not keeping up)?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why don't you see if you can book lessons for half day directly with so school rather than booking through Crystal?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dobby, when are you going? Which ski school is being used?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, going on 10th February. Ski school is esf. NickyJ, could book thru esf directly but already paid for ski school via crystal.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahhh I see. I would still check as given they have changed it you would be entitled to a refund I would have thought?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it worth checking this isn't a misprint in the brochure? I would imagine the cost of providing full as opposed to half day would be vastly different.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably an ESF ruse to get punters to buy their lunch... Toofy Grin

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 19-12-12 17:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jocrad, I'm going to do that. V unusual to get full day lessons in France in my meagre experience.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dobby, from the ESF Risoul website:

10th Feb is NOT classed as a peak week so:

6 morning lessons 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. ESF meeting point €109
6 morning & Ski Pass (Flocon et 1ere Etoile) 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. ESF meeting point €219
6 afternoon lessons 2.00 to 4.30 p.m. ESF meeting point €109
6 afternoon & Ski Pass (Flocon et 1ere Etoile) 2.00 to 4.30 p.m. ESF meeting point €219

ESF seem to do half days. I would contact Crystal and see whats going on
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, cheers. I had spotted that too. I'll give crystal a call.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dobby, yes, I have always come across French ski lessons in either the morning or the afternoon (the latter is often a bit cheaper because less popular). Not come across all day lessons as a standard package. I think half a day is quite enough, personally.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nice lady at crystal confirmed morning only ski school. Hurray! Wasn't looking forward to telling the little one that ski school is all day. Would have been a sit down protest....
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mind you, i don't know why I didn't just book direct with esf in the first place. Darn sight cheaper.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dobby, out of curiosity and perhaps as a salutary warning to others - approx how much cheaper. Be interesting to see what Crystal are marking this up by. I shouldn't imagine the ESF would be hugely impressed either.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Wasn't looking forward to telling the little one that ski school is all day. Would have been a sit down protest....

learning to snowboard, is he?
latest report
Chasseur, i wont comment about crystal marking up prices, but one thing to remember is that the lesson may be crystal only people, hence as far as crystal booking, it becomes a privat group lesson rather than just a lesson with another group.

not sayng this is right, because i actually think it isnt, but thats probably their get out clause.
snow report
ansta1, hmmm, OK. So are Crystal no longer just the facilitator - they are taking some responsibility for the private group lesson?
ski holidays
Chasseur, paid about £120 pp through Crystal. 110 Euros (£95?) via ESF directly. ansta1 is right in that it will probably be a crystal only lesson, which means we may get an instructor with reasonable English (my understanding of French is rubbish especially when wearing a ski helmet).
ski holidays
RattytheSnowRat, Very Happy
ski holidays
dobby, that seems a tad excessive just to facilitate the guarantee of a proficient English speaking instructor and not joining a multi-nation group.
snow conditions
Chasseur, I'll not disagree with you at all or justifying it. And multi-national groups can be great fun. Ski'ed in one last year and it was great fun (got to practise my rubbish school boy French), with a great instructor.
latest report
Quote:

Ski'ed

FFS Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Lizzard, calm down....
snow report
Going a bit off topic here, but Crystal are very good at markups. We paid for a room upgrade last year and when we got to the hotel we found out that they were charging twice the price for the upgrade than the hotel charges. Can't remember the exact numbers but it was well over €100 more Evil or Very Mad
snow report
Crystal rang today in a panic, saying that it was only a half day per day ski school. Mr crystal was mighty relieved when we didn't kick off.
ski holidays
You should have asked for half the money back as you had obviously paid for full days. However ROFL.
ski holidays
dobby wrote:
Crystal rang today in a panic, saying that it was only a half day per day ski school. Mr crystal was mighty relieved when we didn't kick off.

You should have used that opportunity to clarify why they were charging 35% more than if you had booked directly with ESF. wink
latest report
.Garioch, that'd be mean. Mrs said that crystal bloke sounded v nervous anyway.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy