Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Russian New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have just realised that our upcoming trip to Les Gets in the Portes du Soleil will coincide with Russian New Year.

Should I bring any special protective clothing? wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Russian New Year is 31 december/1 january, just like Irish. wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oleksii, Oh, yes I meant Russian Christmas - Jan 7, no? All I want to know is will there be a Russian invasion? Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nah, they will all be in Courchevel 1850
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
5RED, that's right 7th Jan is orthodox christmas. However, most people spend it quietly at home/church and don't go anywhere. Holiday rush is 30 dec - 5 jan. If the resort is popular with Russians there will probably be plenty of them, but not as many as on NY.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah, oleksii, good to know. Nothing against any nationality - just didn't want an influx on the pistes when I thought I was going at a quiet time!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spent last 2 years in 3V based in La Tania and skied from Courchevel to VT during the Russian Christmas.
It is one of the quietest weeks in Jan in 3V, and the resort is so huge that it doesn't have much impact on anyone. Unless if you're hosting them or in the restaurant/bar business.
My observations are mainly skiing/piste based.
They do like having a good lunch on the slopes and a few drinks in a bar. Who doesn't anyway?
Cool
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
we ended up in courchevel 1850 in jan and we didnt realise when booking it was russian NY. got to resort at 11pm, popped out for a quick drink, didnt get back until 5.30am! it was party central! promptly broke my wrist 4 hours later on the first run of the day on a green run on my way to get lift pass. a row of 2 year olds got stuck and blocked the exit ofa narrow tunnel. snowboarded into the wall (not enough room to turn the board properly, carrying too much speed etc). Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
In Soviet Russia, narrow tunnel gets stuck in you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The New Year holiday runs from 2nd to 10th January. We like invading your Western resorts during this period.

OK do svidanija
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Vlad Putin wrote:
The New Year holiday runs from 2nd to 10th January. We like invading your Western resorts during this period.

OK do svidanija

Sorry, I should have said Russian Old New Year is a bit later, on the 14th Jan every year. This is the one we came across in Courchevel and the clubs were very busy. Slopes not so much. There again in coming Jan. bring it on Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy