Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oh, I buy this which means I need that and then that and then ON NOES OVERLOAD

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
andy wrote:
Quote:

Got goggles

but RattytheSnowRat said
Quote:

GOOGLES

Wink

lol @ roofing felt and cards though.

Shush, you.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andy wrote:
Quote:

I used to be able to do the splits with ease, now I need to warm up first.

thought you were the ninja? Sifu had me doing splits pretty sharpish when I did kung fu.

Overrated. We don't do kicks. Much.

Quote:
Quote:

I'm more likely to get excited about a beautiful man bringing me a new graphics card than I am a handbag

gotta spare Nvidia card you can have Wink

Can't just be ANY graphics card. It would have to be able to work with my current one. ATI Radeon 5800. Probably would have to get identical one for them to work together right? (I know nothing about running multiple cards, I admit.)

... the rest (of mine) is noise. (I would need a separate boot bag even if I got all clothes in the ski bag, I think we're saying?)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are not always easy to come by but you can get boot bags that are also rucksacs. The idea is that you can hump your boots to the resort then use the boot bag as a day sac whilst the boots are on your feet. I've never been really happy with whats on offer (I always planned to create one that was 'backcountry compliant' - i.e. could also carry shovel/probe/camelback/etc.) BUT I think the idea's sound and if you like what you see that would be a good option. I would not put hard boots in a soft bag with skis so 'yes' you should get a boot bag of some sort.

If you have problems with fogging up try 'Airhole' masks - not cheap but they were on sale at Snow Pursuit recently.

And everyone give me a break .. I'm sitting at my desk dying of man flu.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
RattytheSnowRat wrote:
I would not put hard boots in a soft bag with skis

why not? Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Shush, you.

no Twisted Evil

Quote:

you can hump your boots

snigger

Quote:

you can get boot bags that are also rucksacs

http://www.amazon.com/Transpack-Alpine-Ski-Boot-2013/dp/B006640OL4?tag=amz07b-21 is a slightly newer version of what I have (thanks to whomever picked out my raffle ticket Smile ). Takes boots+helmet with space to pack other stuff around. Lufthansa (and I think Swiss) accept skis plus boots plus helmet in their free carriage Smile and accepted that no questions asked, so can get quite a bit of ski gear in the boot bag, cuts down the amount you have to squeeze in to main bag (although 23kg allowance on proper airlines isn't a major problem). Dunno about Monarch/EZY/ or the irish airline. Wouldn't want to use it as a day pack, but it's handy being a backpack when carting stuff to/from car/bus/hotel etc.

In case I haven't already said it... I'm very pleased with that bag and use it for everything. Oh water proof bottom too.

Quote:

We don't do kicks. Much

All I remember was the nasty stuff like preying mantis eye gouges, and being forced to balance on one leg for 20mins in one go. And the splits.

Quote:

Shush, you

OK. Will now. Little Angel
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy, yeah - that's what I mean about those bags, they are really boot bags that you can carry on your back whilst wrestling other gear through an airport. What I want to get to is an avi sac that is large enough to get boots in with easy access to everything. Seems blindingly logical to me - don't know why anyone hasn't sorted it yet. I'm pretty sure it's going to have looooooong compression straps when I get round to releasing it.

barry, it almost always means that you have got to slot your skis into your boots to get them in. I don't like doing that. Even if you can get away with it space-wise - unless you are using a hardcase with specifc spaces for you boots, sooner or later they start to crush or scratch the other stuff in you ski bag. There's also the weight issue - it can be difficult to lug around one piece of kit of that weight and c.f the airline's weight issues listed above.

{cough, splutter, wheeze}
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RattytheSnowRat, never had any of those issues with a soft(-ish) giant roller bag, boots fit in fine. you can get bags with built-in boot pockets. weight is usually quite tight though right enough
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy