Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum

Poster: A snowHead
AAAAAAAGH! . . . admin
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque, I often don't really know what you mean - this is one of those times.
It seems like you're expressing something a bit rude but... would U?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
admin, we tried so hard to let this thread wither on the vine . . . and you just pruned away and let more sunlight in Evil or Very Mad

Interesting sunlight all the same wink but I'm not sure the fruit is particularly edible for many . . . Twisted Evil

yoos a baad mun.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, I thought it was a really interesting post.

Masque, pot, kettle! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really Masque, no one has to read any thread that they don't want to - it's not like the topic title keeps changing to trick U into entering where U dare not go.

What we have here is:

Tea Club Stooge: Slightly desperately trying to pimp their [only slightly dead] parrot.
Sorry, did I say 'parrot'? I meant 'forum'.

CG: being variously funny/interesting/nit-picky/borderline-obsessive (though not nearly as badly so as he has in the past)
Various Tea Club reps: fighting the official "SKGB Enemy number One" by trying to goad CG into giving into his less funny side (with varying degrees of success).
Various snowHeads: popping in to read it.
Various snowHeads: popping in to read it and then posting that they're tired of reading it Confused - er... so don't then!
It's not as if it's on your book club reading list!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
admin, forgive me for attempting to pee on your BBQ . . . Madeye-Smiley

ooooOOO Shocked does that mean Timmy the Turd Toned is fair game . . . or do I have to beeehave rolling eyes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Can I download a kindle version of the discussion please for those long airport wine fests while waiting for the Liverpool flights? wink

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 10-01-13 2:41; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No Masque, no-one is 'fair game' as that would be un-snowHeadly.
It is not nice to be abusive, even for fun.
Unless it's Shuss in Boots because that's super-funny and anyway, she thinks that if we're not mean to her face, we're probably being meaner behind her back - so really, we only abuse her to reassure her... cos we care, see? Little Angel

People show themselves for who they are - let them do so... and try to show the best U that U can Wink

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Thu 10-01-13 2:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin wrote:
No Masque, no-one is 'fair game' as that would be un-snowHeadly.
It is not nice to be abusive, even for fun.
Unless it's Shuss in Boots because that's super-funny and anyway, she thinks that if we're not mean to her face, we're probably being meaner behind her back - so really, we only abuse her to reassure her... cos we care, see? Little Angel

People show themselves for who they are - let them do so... and try to show the best U that U can Wink

Βugger Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi wrote:
Thank U maggi, I thought it was an interesting story too Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, I am very caring.
Especially about Shuss in Boots; I care so much I sometimes even post photo's of her that would otherwise be downright embarrassing for the person concerned wink
Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi wrote:

Me too! That, taken together with this thread being started by an employee of the SCGB pretending not to be, is really quite funny for just how crass SCGB is/have become.

I think it's remarkable really how few people have actually been banned from snowHeads and how few threads or posts are censored for reasons other than spamming. The system of light moderation seems to work pretty well here. I don't think any other ski forum will ever be able to truly able get off the ground in the UK just because the sheer weight of numbers, therefore posts & information, lies here. Well done team, especially admin Little Angel
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
--

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Fri 11-01-13 0:31; edited 2 times in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great stuff. Especially admin's use of the spoiler function. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
cathy, I would give you a hefty +1 on that if I weren't so busy feeling cared for.... rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 10, 13 10:05; edited 20 times in total

Busy day? Smile
ski holidays
admin, At least you and Winterhighland were on "solid ground" so to speak in using the phrase "ski club" (which the SCGB's own trademark explicitly stated that they made no claim to! Laughing ) . However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wimbledon White house sends a tetchy missive to a certain commercial operation in Quebec ... Toofy Grin
latest report
finestgreen wrote:
Quote:

Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 10, 13 10:05; edited 20 times in total

Busy day? Smile

I see the Snowhead Towers Tardis is still working. wink
snow report
--

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 11-01-13 0:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
In another hobby/interest, in which I partake, we scan those legal threat letters, and make them available to every member Smile Of course the person that coughed up £50 to have each legal letter sent gets pissed-off, and one even then sent a letter threatening libel because we were making false statements putting him in a bad light. Pillock... we had framed all the letters! We were more than happy to un-frame them and file them as evidence. Actually 1 friend did, and earned himself an undisclosed sum in excess of £19,999.99 Wink

Liking the way that all the mildly amusing content has come from those without the "Comedy" prefix to their name Wink
snow report
Quote:

That, taken together with this thread being started by an employee of the SCGB pretending not to be, is really quite funny for just how crass SCGB is/have become.

He who is without stones etc. Wasn't so long ago that a number of snowHead s were signing up to Snivel merely to make some jolly fun. Obviously it didn't start 16 pages of comedy gold there though Toofy Grin
latest report
thegnomewithnoname, Love that text to movie app. May I ask where you got it? snowHead
latest report
Excellent faction drama --- should be retitled Ski-enders ! I do hope the sprog aka OP hasnt been fired -- I'd shake their hand and say thanks.

The SKGB should ask Admin for some advice on the concept of inclusive Community and Piers Morgan on how not to point a semi-automatic at their feet.

Feel sorry for those who have fairly and robustly defended the SCGB from the occasional mass attack though .... nothing like being let down by those you choose to defend.
ski holidays
admin, I'm a bit late with this, but great work! Very Happy

I wonder how many unique visitors this thread has generated to the SCGB Chat forum..
snow conditions
Boredsurfing, I did pop over a couple of times . . . bit like visiting a proctologist's office. Everyone knows where it is and what is done, but no-one want to be seen there.
ski holidays
--

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 11-01-13 0:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Agenterre wrote:
Feel sorry for those who have fairly and robustly defended the SCGB from the occasional mass attack though .... nothing like being let down by those you choose to defend.
That is a bit sad isn't it.
Back in the early days, one of the people who really stood out on this front was achilles.
We all
Including, it would seem, the SKGB themselves, at last
know that MO day was handled really badly, causing mass chagrin within the group of snow-heads who went on to make up the early ranks of snowHeads. Quite naturally, under such a circumstance with the mob all-riled-up'n'all, criticism didn't always remain on the right side of 'reasonable'.
I recall achilles as a voice bravely speaking up when criticism of the SCGB became unfair. He didn't however, get into the emotive sniping we tend to see from some of those with more 'invested' in The Club - respect.

All the better when I eventually met him and thus, having acquired the ability to overlay his tone of voice to what he wrote, realised he wasn't a grumpy ol' bugr after all but actually really funny - amused respect!
ski holidays
Hip-hip hooray for achilles - somebody should point him in the direction of this well-deserved tribute. (Sadly, I don't think he likes me, as he sees me as being responsible for his malaise after the first vodka party. Which of course I wasn't.) The thing I miss most about the old Ski Club forum is his occasional 'poem for the day' or, more usually, 'for the night'. I wish he would do that here. I also hope he doesn't abandon the forum when he stops skiing.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pedantica, agreed. There were some things about the old forum that were missing on here. Johnboy's farming thread was another I used to enjoy.
snow conditions
Pedantica wrote:
Hip-hip hooray for achilles - somebody should point him in the direction of this well-deserved tribute. I also hope he doesn't abandon the forum when he stops skiing.
hear, hear snowHead
ski holidays
--

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 11-01-13 0:30; edited 1 time in total
snow report
admin, very fair points.

The Ski Club have been utter idiots so many times. Starting this thread, the Cease & Desist stuff you got a year or so back etc are just dumb. For me, the Pistehors photo rip-off was one of the worst.
I've left for now because I don't need their insurance or to go on a freshtracks holiday this year, the magazine sucks and the discounts can usually be got somewhere else.

The chippiness of the SCGB towards sH is sometimes mirrored nicely in the attitude of some snowHeads, who just can't let MO day go, or have a totally inaccurate and stereotypical view of what SCGB members are like.

However to challenge DG is not to be pro-SCGB, as those who remember his anti-snowHeads threads here will recall.

We've seen him return after spells away on a few occasions over the years. What we usually see is:

An initial jokey friendly and interesting phase. Which we all like and welcome.
Slow deterioration of quality with lame puns.
Slow resumption of the usual obsessions... (T&Cs of snowHeads, Anonymity, the importance of his "journalism", etc etc)
Increasingly weird advice on Safety, ignoring evidence.
More hurt directed against those who have been in charge of the SCGB since they stopped publishing him.
A tendency to post to those who argue against him (Lizzard this time) that he knows who they are... (like she hides it anyway...)
Deflection of any direct questions or requests for evidence etc etc

And the next thing it is 100 posts in a thread advocating red string...

In this thread he has specifically - without any real evidence - (correlation is not causation) - impugned a decent man.
When he does this - or when he misrepresents facts, figures and history, it should be challenged by someone.

Most of us - except PJski - tire of doing this.

Anyway - definitely 3 cheers for NZ. You can all blame him for me discovering snowHeads. Lets hope he sticks around, or changes his mind about stopping skiing. snowHead
latest report
Comedy Goldsmith, another of my heroes. And I can't think of a more beautiful speaking voice.
latest report
stoat of the dead, +1 on almost all points (although I am still a member as going on at least two Freshtracks trips this season). And NZ pointed me here as well.
snow report
stoat of the dead, imho, quite a lot of Comedy Goldsmith's faults - which you outline pretty accurately - emerge when he is goaded, for instance with constant questions about his recent skiing or, even less acceptably, with allusions to his mental health. I wish people wouldn't do that. Likewise, if his posts just bore people, either don't open the obvious threads, or put him on 'ignore'. Problem more or less solved, no?
snow conditions
Sorry Pedantica, but I think the evidence would be against you on that one - but I CBA to do the leg work to collect it.
snow conditions
Pedantica, I'd agree about the Mental Health issues... and give my and your backgrounds we'd try and avoid such insinuations, but there is colloquially a difference between calling someone/something/a January sale "Mad" and saying someone has genuine MH issues.

I do think that when someone who hasn't skied recently - (and I am really glad to DG is on planks again) or refuses to disclose what skiing he currently does (as has happened in the past) - it calls into question slightly his authority to issue safety advice, or lecture others on transport etc etc.

I also think that just as racism and sexism should be challenged, (outside the Jokes thread) so should slander and inaccurate representation... Might you agree with that?
snow conditions
stoat of the dead,
Quote:

I also think that just as racism and sexism should be challenged, (outside the Jokes thread) so should slander and inaccurate representation... Might you agree with that?

Yes
snow report
Pedantica wrote:
The thing I miss most about the old Ski Club forum .

I didn't realise you'd been around that long. Name changes really confuse me!! Embarassed
snow report
--

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 11-01-13 0:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy